Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Nismo Juke 6MT
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy yall,

so i just bought a recaro bucket for my car and was wondering if anyone has bought mounts for the juke that line up with the bucket i just bought.

any help is appreciated!

Leg Glove Sleeve Comfort Bag

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Email Fast Religion ?

·
Registered
2014 juke nismo rs fwd
19 Posts
Very interested in seeing how this goes, this is the exact model I'm thinking of putting in my nismo rs track car bc the factory recaros feel so high up and I still slide around in them. You could directly mount to the floor with those side rails already on them or find a way to adapt them to match the holes in sliders.

Next problem will be airbag lights and seat belts. You'll have to figure out what type of resistor is needed. Also unless you have a cage and harnesses and plan to only drive on track with a helmet and head neck restraint I'd highly recommend keeping the factory 3 point belts. I think you should be able to run a seat belt extender through the hip harness hole on the female side of the seatbelt and the lower belt mount on the driver side through the other hip harness hole. This is so that the belt sits against your hips and not above the bolsters of the seat where in a crash you would get thrown into a locked belt.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
There are no brackets for sale that will do what you are trying to do. You will need to make some. Get some thick steel, a good drill bit, and a friend who knows how to weld. We have global time attack Juke here that put the mounts just flat onto some stock, but it makes the car sit very very low. Photo of the dash/windshield area is with my phone directly in front of my eyes. Not ideal for driving around. Good for track cars that dont need door to door visibility.

Third pic is of a bracket system we made in an hour for a car we are building (they have been sitting for a year now, thus the rust lol). Using 1" riser blocks made from solid steel we got the seating position high enough using this application. With the seats you are using, you will need more riser than that. Maybe 2-3" because of how low those seats sit.

As for the airbag and seat belt issue; for a car on the street it is not legal to remove the airbags and seat belts. But assuming all of this is for track use; For the seat belt, simply take the clip part off of the oem belt and plug it into the oem buckle and mount it under the seat. Air bags: All this will do is cause a flashing airbag light and disable the rest of the cars airbag system. Put a piece of tape over the light on the cluster and go race. Resistors in airbag circuits are a dangerous thing. The airbag system will be armed, and if ANYTHING happens to that resistor, you risk either damaging the entire system ,or deploying something that wasn't supposed to. You can find nightmare stories from Hawkeye Impreza 2.5I owners that swap in seats from different gen WRX's and STI's that use resistors.

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Brown Wood Automotive tire Gas Soil

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Yeah that is low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts