Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Help Deciding on a Suspension

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Macgyver 
#1 ·
Hello Citizens of the Milky-Way,

I require your assistance in choosing the best suspension option.
Now with the research I have done, I came out more confused than confident.
So I have narrowed the search to 3 suspensions.
  • Silvers Neomax Model #: NN140
  • BC Racing Model #: D-54-DR OR Model #: D-54-BR
Note: I still need help with this one, as I don't know which are better, the only thing I found out on a forum was that one feels stiffer than the other one and that's it.
  • Scale Model #: NS10-IS
Note: This is as custom as it gets I believe. also. what are the 2-Way external adjuster?

#4 ·
Greetings Citizen,
Your statement is proven to be correct and honestly unless tested, there is no way.
as for your recommendation, here were I live, I hardly any modified jukes sadly and worse when it comes to the Nismo ones :/

Silver's had really good customer service and as long as you know the spring rates you want, they can usually get a set to your door in under two weeks, which is pretty cool. And if you are looking for something really specific, Silver's will actually change out their components so that you get the spec that you want at no additional charge (at least when I bought mine)
BC wouldn't give in to my demands for custom sizing, but I've seen plenty of people run them without any complaints. I honestly haven't heard of 'Scale', but JuklearWinter has a set from Gecko, and hopefully he can chime in on those.

When a coilover says "2-way adjustable" it has adjustment for both rebound and damping, whereas most coilovers only only have damping. Unless you want to do dedicated rallycross with it, you probably don't need it. But if you do want it, Silver's will probably do that for the Juke too if you ask them nicely.

As far as "stiffness", it mostly depends on the spring rate you choose, and the higher the spring rate, the less your wheels are going to travel when you hit a bump in the road, hence the stiffness. Then you can dial in your damping to control how quickly or slowly your spring compresses.

Choosing spring rate also depends a lot on how much lower you want to go, how big your wheels are and the clearance you have for your wheels to move around. That's about where my expertise ends, because I didn't actually lower my Juke, I lifted it 2", so I didn't really need to dive into the math that critically.
Hello There Citizen,
Thank you for all the inputs and explanation.
so if I will not 100% use it for rallycross then the 2 way adjustable option is not a great investment. is this correct?

How can I make sure I get the correct spring rates then? other than wheel size and lowered/lifted? do i need to get the rims/wheels 1st then measure those and how they sit, etc???

Sorry for all the noob questions, I just want to see which way I should go.

Now I have been told if I want to lower the car then to go ahead and just get Elbach Springs Part #: 63104.540
The problem I see with those is that they are FWD only and for the AWD I will have more issues... Also would it be easier to modify the stock suspension and does anyone know the difference between the AWD Nismo and AWD Nismo RS Suspensions??

#3 ·
Silver's had really good customer service and as long as you know the spring rates you want, they can usually get a set to your door in under two weeks, which is pretty cool. And if you are looking for something really specific, Silver's will actually change out their components so that you get the spec that you want at no additional charge (at least when I bought mine)
BC wouldn't give in to my demands for custom sizing, but I've seen plenty of people run them without any complaints. I honestly haven't heard of 'Scale', but JuklearWinter has a set from Gecko, and hopefully he can chime in on those.

When a coilover says "2-way adjustable" it has adjustment for both rebound and damping, whereas most coilovers only only have damping. Unless you want to do dedicated rallycross with it, you probably don't need it. But if you do want it, Silver's will probably do that for the Juke too if you ask them nicely.

As far as "stiffness", it mostly depends on the spring rate you choose, and the higher the spring rate, the less your wheels are going to travel when you hit a bump in the road, hence the stiffness. Then you can dial in your damping to control how quickly or slowly your spring compresses.

Choosing spring rate also depends a lot on how much lower you want to go, how big your wheels are and the clearance you have for your wheels to move around. That's about where my expertise ends, because I didn't actually lower my Juke, I lifted it 2", so I didn't really need to dive into the math that critically.

#5 ·
RS is already pretty good.

What are you after ?

#7 ·
Hello earthling:
I would recommend BC coilovers. They seem to be the best quality for the price point and are the most commonly used coilovers in the Juke community.

#8 ·
BC as stated above. They have the most spring rate choices and can be ordered from www.2jracing.com

#9 ·
Personally, I think you guys are sleeping on Scale.
I also know a lot of people who've had issues with bc's in the past and is why I stayed away from them.

With that said, I can thank my local shop for not only pointing me in this direction, but helping me spec out my spring rate and such. I would have been lost without them.

#10 ·
Personally, I think you guys are sleeping on Scale.
I also know a lot of people who've had issues with bc's in the past and is why I stayed away from them.

With that said, I can thank my local shop for not only pointing me in this direction, but helping me spec out my spring rate and such. I would have been lost without them.
Supporting a local shop is almot always the wisest thing to do.

As with any parts and reviews. There are always good and bad ones.

Searching on here you seldom see Jukes with bad BC reviews.

#13 ·
These

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.