Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to upgrade the headlight low beam bulbs - looking f recommendations.

I'd like them to match the led daytime lights as close as possible but I don't want a cheap 'blue' colored bulb.

Possibly Silverstar Ultras?

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
I have a set of HIDs and they work great. They are white 5000k. I think they were $35 shipped from Amazon. They DO NOT blind oncoming traffic and are Not Blue. As bright as you are going to get without doing some serious upgrades or blinding people.

FYI there is no Low beam bulb. This is a combo Hi Low beam bulb.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes HID's would be great but typically much more money I thought?

Macgyver - I think I saw the ones you have but they don't ship to Canada.

·
Registered
662 Posts
...FYI there is no Low beam bulb. This is a combo Hi Low beam bulb.
I believe this is correct in the 2014 (such as yours) ... Like me, the OP has a 2015 which DOES have seperate bulbs for HI/LO beams.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
2011 is Combo.

I missed his sig with the 2015, Thanks.

Ebay has HID kits as well. Two Kits for the high and low beam bulbs. Should be around $60-$70 USD shipped for both. If they can ship to Canada

I got mine from here too.

I dont know if they ship to Canada or not.

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2011 is Combo.

I missed his sig with the 2015, Thanks.

Ebay has HID kits as well. Two Kits for the high and low beam bulbs. Should be around $60-$70 USD shipped for both. If they can ship to Canada

I got mine from here too.

I dont know if they ship to Canada or not.

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

Thanks - do I need to order a separate relay harness - I'm thinking I don't need one for my 2015?

Also to match the LED DRLS - would 5K or 6K work best?

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
6000K will be a good match.

As far as Quality units. Both Amazon and DDM tuning are very well Built, Packaged, and easy to install.

You dont need anything extra. The kits provide everything.

Now one Caveat. I JUST installed a two bulb system on my 2000 Buick Regal GS. It has separate high and low beam bulbs. Xenon bulbs Require time to heat up to full brightness. When you switch form Low beams to High beams. The High beams are Dull until full power. Thats about 10 seconds with the kit I got from Amazon. Maybe not the best choice for a high beam system on a car that you will use a lot at night and switch beams a lot.

You can however use the Xenon HIDs on low beams. Their light output is superior to any Ultra Silver start etc etc. Then just get an Ultra Silverstar etc etc for the High beam. Unless you can find a HID Xenon that goes full bright fairly fast.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm looking at these for low beam only:

https://www.amazon.ca/Safego-Conversion-Ballast-Lights-AC12V55W-1070-H8911-6K/dp/B01828A4PW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476466790&sr=8-3&keywords=HID+kits

I just ordered this kit - I will report back once I get it all installed.
Well this kit was a bust. One bulb didn't light up so im returning it

Update: I got this kit to work - not sure if I had something not connected properly the first time? But I'm glad I got it working - these work and look really good!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well this kit was a bust. One bulb didn't light up so im returning it

Update: I got this kit to work - not sure if I had something not connected properly the first time? But I'm glad I got it working - these work and look really good!!
Hi Italian. Do these work as DRLs/high beam? I know you responded to my other question about this but understanding you’re from Canada, i just needed to confirm. The Silverstar Ultras are bright, but are still yellow. I was wondering if i can get my next pair of headlights to be LED, get a cooler look on my 2012, get it to run the drl, and still not blind oncoming traffic. Thanks man!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Italian. Do these work as DRLs/high beam? I know you responded to my other question about this but understanding you’re from Canada, i just needed to confirm. The Silverstar Ultras are bright, but are still yellow. I was wondering if i can get my next pair of headlights to be LED, get a cooler look on my 2012, get it to run the drl, and still not blind oncoming traffic. Thanks man!
Also noticed in the specs that it can take 9v of input. So i sure hope it does run the drl as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
no. no LEDs in a reflector bowl headlight which is what you have in your 2012 headlight housing. Those housings are designed only for halogen/filament style bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Someone said "I want to put non-halogen bulbs in my halogen assembly" and then someone went "yea, that's a great idea" ?! AGAINNNNNNNNNNN.

I feel like Godzilla rising from the ocean seabed once every millenia to battle the same stupid Mothra of internet misinformation.

I will fight Mac on this. I will fight the whole damned internet on this. My lighting degree, my PROFESSION, my knowledge and hands on experience trumps all ya'll combined who claim unfounded lies like "I'm not blinding oncoming traffic" or absolute misinformed propaganda like "HIDs are an acceptable upgrade to halogens."

No. Just no. If you have a halogen assembly, whether it be reflector or projector, and you want better light output, you are limited to upgrading to high performance (read: weak) halogen bulbs. Being intelligent and courteous not convincing enough to keep you away from HIDs/LEDs? Fine. The law is on my side too. It is illegal to do these bulb swaps. In every state. Every county. Everywhere. Because by replacing your halogens with either of these options, you are essentially turning your high beams on ALL THE TIME.

Want better light output? Retrofit. Replace the internals with something DESIGNED to handle the increased output of HIDs. This is not a sales pitch for my services (btw, I'm still the world-leader of most Juke headlight builds EVER), lord knows I don't have time to take on any more work, rather, a plea for you to seek out proper information. Cuz our moderator here, bless his adorable heart, KNOWINGLY runs an illegal lighting setup and defends his decision to the grave. And that's because he doesn't know any better.

I am now returning to my internet slumber on the seabed.

Reactions: WNYJuke

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
FWIW, I bought the same LED's as Mac. Put a piece of tape at the cutoff on the garage wall with the existing bulbs, and cutoff was about a half inch lower with the new bulbs. Beam was more focused with the new bulbs too... Also put LED's in my foglights that scatter light like crazy, so not all are created equal.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
It is 2020. There are good LED's that mimic the output of a Halogen. The LEDs I am running are superior to the halogen with No scattering. Super good cutoff compared to them as well.
Not bragging. Just stating a from experience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts