Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airbag warning not going away since I recently installed my head unit and removed the battery once. I have done a research on Google and got the instructions to reset the airbag light. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I went to the dealership today and got my ride checked by technicians they said it's the problem of my battery which is not the proper model for Juke.(battery replaced last year coz the original battery literally exploded ....really exploded right after I refill the tank at 7-ELEVEN then got it replaced by a nearly workshop)...I changed the battery to a proper model today and same result. Anyone has such experience here ? Help me

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Car batteries are mostly the same. The internal composition may be different (lead vs gel cell vs etc.) and the CCA might be different, but they all are built for 12V. Once the car is on and running the alternator takes over and the battery simply becomes a capacitor.
Battery should not cause airbag light issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car batteries are mostly the same. The internal composition may be different (lead vs gel cell vs etc.) and the CCA might be different, but they all are built for 12V. Once the car is on and running the alternator takes over and the battery simply becomes a capacitor.
Do you have ideas about the airbag warning light?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
My understanding is that if you turn on the vehicle with the airbag unplugged, it throws a warning. Even after you plug the airbag back in, the warning will persist until it is cleared by a dealer (or other method).

Make sure the procedure you are using applies to your year/model juke and that the procedure is done correctly.

Dealerships often don't want to mess with airbags because there is liability involved. For example, if you hit someone and don't report the accident, then repair the vehicle yourself buy a new airbag and install, then go to the dealer and ask them to reset it. They don't want to be a part of that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
make sure it's not something little like the passenger airbag light being unplugged at the top of the bezel, if that light doesn't work then it disables the whole airbag system. Pretty dumb outcome for a little incandescent bulb. That's what I ran into when I was messing around with my head unit.

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
Youtube has the procedure online.

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
Follow these simple steps:
1) Put the vehicle in Accessory Mode (the airbag light should stay solid for a few seconds)
2) Once the airbag light turns off, press the button to shut your car off immediately
3) Do this process 3-4 times and it will reset the light to work again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow these simple steps:
1) Put the vehicle in Accessory Mode (the airbag light should stay solid for a few seconds)
2) Once the airbag light turns off, press the button to shut your car off immediately
3) Do this process 3-4 times and it will reset the light to work again

I'm
make sure it's not something little like the passenger airbag light being unplugged at the top of the bezel, if that light doesn't work then it disables the whole airbag system. Pretty dumb outcome for a little incandescent bulb. That's what I ran into when I was messing around with my head unit.
It is plugged. Any chance if the light is not working or the plug damaged? What u reckon

·
Registered
284 Posts
It is plugged. Any chance if the light is not working or the plug damaged? What u reckon
if you put about 20 or 30 pounds in the passenger seat it should light up to tell you that the passenger airbag is disabled. Whether or not it will light up if there is a different problem with the airbag system, I don't know. I would also follow the step's Mac listed to reset the airbag module, only I have had to power cycle it as many as 6 or 7 times for the light to go away

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you put about 20 or 30 pounds in the passenger seat it should light up to tell you that the passenger airbag is disabled. Whether or not it will light up if there is a different problem with the airbag system, I don't know. I would also follow the step's Mac listed to reset the airbag module, only I have had to power cycle it as many as 6 or 7 times for the light to go away
Nissan dealership got this reading from their investigation. Fault code B00D5. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
Internal Malfunction of the airbag off indicator.

Internal Malfunction of the airbag diagnosis sensor unit.

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
I only read the code in the manual.

The dealer is the best place since well. Airbags are life and death if they dont work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts