Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this harness that is quite useful to retain factory reverse camera in an aftermarket head unit upgrade Not sure why the big harness makers like Pac, Metra, Scoshe, don't list it for us. But it exists. I haven't quite found their part numbers for it yet, but I found an off brand harness that seems to do the trick. I haven't really tried it, but I'm almost certain this is it. Problem is, the one I found seems to be a foreign import part that will take over a month to arrive. There has to be a domestic variant that I haven't figured out yet.

It's for the 32-pin harness which has the factory...
Pin 34: Camera Power Supply (Light Green)
Pin 35: Camera Image Signal (Violet)
Pin 44: Camera Detection Signal (Black)
Pin 50: Reverse Signal (Green)

Pins 34+35 actually create an RCA plug to go right into the aftermarket receiver.

The harness is listed for use in the Qashqai, which has many similar aspects to our Jukes. It's gotta be used on some other american market vehicles though.

I found it on Amazon and other places like AliExpess. But haven't dug deep enough yet to find a US version.

The Amazon listing is " FEELDO 32-Pins Parking Reverse Rear Camera Video Plug Converter Cable Adapter For Nissan Qashqai/Teana/X-Trail Car Head Unit "

@ Thirteen, Do you happen to know a Pac # for this?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even if we can find a fitting harness that can be re-pinned, it would be great.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'm wrong. That ain't gonna work. It needs to be a female plug. The pins are right though.

I'm thinking a Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V could be used. Possibly re-pinning. Discarding some bits. As you wouldn't want to use the Axxess/Metra SWI.

I was really just hoping to find a stand alone specific harness. That Axxess piece is kinda pricey.

I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scosche CRTNN01 or CRTNN02 maybe? I'll have to narrow that down. But those are like 30 bucks.

The hunt will continue after work I guess.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Another issue is power. I believe the factory cam uses 6v, not 12v that most head units provide. There's an old thread on the forum somewhere that includes the necessary aftermarket harness model. I think the + - might be reversed as well. Forum search, this is not new territory.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I think it's crazy you guys spend so much effort to retain such an incredibly lackluster camera. Just sayin. Ya upgrade the stereo to a fancy new double din with a screen and all these gimmicks and... you wanna keep your VHS recording security camera from the 90s? I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ok I'm wrong. That ain't gonna work. It needs to be a female plug. The pins are right though.

I'm thinking a Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V could be used. Possibly re-pinning. Discarding some bits. As you wouldn't want to use the Axxess/Metra SWI.

I was really just hoping to find a stand alone specific harness. That Axxess piece is kinda pricey.

I'll keep looking.

View attachment 186718
I used it and it works with my lacklustre Oem backup cam

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's crazy you guys spend so much effort to retain such an incredibly lackluster camera. Just sayin. Ya upgrade the stereo to a fancy new double din with a screen and all these gimmicks and... you wanna keep your VHS recording security camera from the 90s? I don't get it.

Options. Integration. Ease of install. ...and different strokes I guess.

I've been content with my cam. I use it for maybe 3 seconds a day and it's a clear enough image. Even if just for now. Perhaps I will in the future upgrade. I'll still have the cam in the time being.
I opted to invest in other aspects of the system and vehicle. Priorities. A harness gets the job done in seconds compared to pulling panels and snaking wire.

This isn't a matter of doing it right or wrong. It's the option of doing working with what you got, or improving what you got.

In fact, I don't need this harness. A shop buddy of mine had the connector in his junk drawer. I just pinned, made and RCA connection out of it and ran with it. My intent was to narrow down the best dedicated integration product out there for the benefit of others. The whole subject only came up with me noticing stuff again while I was behind the dash. Since I have that other thread that's got 95% of every other required adapter or harness listed, this was the one of the only ones that wasn't fully clarified. My intent was to finally resolve that. For others.

Yes Bargeld, there is a step down involved. I used something similar to the Metra AX-CAM6V 12 6-Volt Camera Stepdown. (Watch 13 shudder at the word Metra).

Mission Juke. Thanks for chiming in. I've only had one other person mention attempting to use that Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V, and they reported it didn't work. That seems to be the winning harness so far. Since it includes the above mentioned 6-volt stepdown. As I touched on, the ASWC-1 connections on it can be de-pinned, discarded, or maybe re-purposed to work with the other brands of steering wheel control interfaces that actually work with the Juke.

I was still hoping to find a more straight forward dedicated harness, but I guess it's not out there.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
LOL I didn't shudder too hard... Sometimes Metra does stuff right. The ASWC is not one of those cases, lol.

PAC also makes a stepdown voltage piece... and it's way cooler IMO... but there's probably a knockoff ebay product that does the same purpose. Different stokes n such, right?

Proceed onwards. :)

Reactions: Bargeld

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2014 Juke SL, was considering getting AX-NIS32SWC-6V, however it says its only compatible with Juke 2015+. Anyone installed AX-NIS32SWC-6V on older Juke models with any luck?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts