Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS AWD
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been looking past this issue for a minute now simply because I have never owned a car like this before. Now I'm beginning to think it's an issue. My car every now and then will start pretty rough. Sounds like the starter is going, but the car wont turn over. Most times its maybe 6 or 7 failed ignitions, but just the other day it took a solid 5 seconds of it trying to turn over for it to actually start up. Once it turns over, it runs perfectly fine. What I assume to do is; test the battery, if it's good, then I'm dumbfounded, if it's not, then problem solved. I've tested the battery, it's barely showing any signs of age. What's next?

This has happened with gas from different places, warm weather, cold weather, wet, dry.

Am I freaking out over nothing? Is this just a thing these cars do sometimes? Is my motor going to blow up? (Jk.. but no really, is it?)

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Pretty much all of my Nissan's do this periodically. My Jukes will do this every month or two/three. 4-5 seconds to start. My last few Muranos, same thing.

I find that it's good to let the car idle for 10-20 seconds before turning it off. It seems happier on restart.

Reactions: HDJames95

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS AWD
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much all of my Nissan's do this periodically. My Jukes will do this every month or two/three. 4-5 seconds to start. My last few Muranos, same thing.

I find that it's good to let the car idle for 10-20 seconds before turning it off. It seems happier on restart.
That's great news, thank you.

My 2001 Tahoe did this, but it was a coil pack/spark issue. But honestly I've never owned a vehicle with less than 175k miles on it lol the tahoe had just under 300k so this one with 46k is a whole new experience. Want everything to stay perfect.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
113 Posts
Yup, mine does this as well. Every couple months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts