Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other day I submitted a request for quote via TrueCar.com from Hanlee's Nissan. TrueCar.com stated the dealer had agreed to sell the car for $0 over invoice. Check out this reply I got from them:

Good Morning, and thank you for your interest in the 2011 Nissan Juke. Nissan is thankful for sites like TrueCar.com and Cars.com, however The Nissan Juke officially launches Nationally, October 27. Currently, the demand for this model is incredible! Last week we received (7) seven 2011 Jukes and have sold 5 (3 last night). Currently, we are selling the Juke for $4000 above MSRP. Internet customers have been quoted MSRP and in this respect, it has been the best deal to consumers.

Options to try:

(1) Come to Hanlees Hilltop Nissan and test drive our inventory. Maybe we can find a reasonable deal on a Sunday with my General Operating Manager.

(2) Wait until the second wave of Jukes comes to the United States. We expect this wave to arrive in Mid June 2011. By then, demand will not be so great and we can sell the Juke at Invoice.

Very Best,

Ralph Palma
Internet Sales Consultant
[email protected]

Hanlees Hilltop Nissan
Office: 510-418-1405
Direct: 510-222-5498
Fax: 510-758-3823
Hanlees Hilltop Nissan - New and Used Cars, Parts and Service - 3277 Auto Plaza, Richmond, CA 94806
So, from $0 over invoice to $4000 over MSRP! And the bald-faced lie about the "second wave" of Jukes coming in June 2011. Ridiculous.

Needless to say, I will not be doing business with Hanlee's Nissan.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Jesus. I don't want to wait until June to get a reasonable deal. You need to contact the TrueCar people and let them know this dealer is not fulfilling the terms of their agreement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dealers always do this with "new' cars. They try to rip off whoever they can. There's is no reason to ever pay over MSRP for a car. I have personally never paid over invoice for a car (they're still making money even then). The Nissan dealer I went to wanted MSRP which I still couldn't agree to pay. I'd maybe pay $500 over invoice for a "hot" car. I think there's around $1,000 between MSRP and invoice.

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
OMG! 4000.00 over MSRP?
They gut us Juke-a-zoids handcuffed.
At this point, I think this is where the dealer has us all by the throats.
I can't wait until June and if I can't get below MSRP, I will have to get the best deal for my trade-in.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
if you count on "dealing" on your trade in, you are getting screwed. these should be negotiated separately. Better yet, don't trade in your car--sell it yourself for more than the dealer will ever give you.

read carbuyingtips.com or the "confessions" series at Edmunds. Just saying.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OMG! 4000.00 over MSRP?
They gut us Juke-a-zoids handcuffed.
At this point, I think this is where the dealer has us all by the throats.
I can't wait until June and if I can't get below MSRP, I will have to get the best deal for my trade-in.
I wouldn't believe him if I were you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went to another Nissan dealer, I told the manager that I understand prices are negotiable, but I wouldn't pay a dime over MSRP.

Anywho, I went to another dealer, they pulled up an invoice for a car that's coming in the Decemeber wave and I put some money down on it. So now it's just the waiting game.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Wow, I picked up mine for a little under invoice. I had some unusual circumstances though. They were not very willing to discount it at all, but no dealer in my area was charging OVER invoice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One of the dealers I went to was asking MSRP. I told them there was another dealer a lot closer to where I lived but I heard of some bad experiences with them. He said "yeah they are adding on fees and asking over msrp." I immediately drove over there and he was right. They were adding a $2,000 introductory model fee.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same here, a decent dealer near me (that I bought a Frontier from a few years ago) was asking MSRP because it's a "hot car" and another had a $2000 markup on a bullsh1t markup sticker on the window. I took some pictures while ignoring the annoying sales-jerk and left. Screw those guys.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
My mother was also buying an Altima at the same time that I was trying to decide if I wanted the Juke or a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I bargained down the Juke a little by using Zag pricing and sweetening the deal with the 2010 Altima at a reasonable price below MSRP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my Juke for $1000 less than MSRP. It took a long while negotiating and I told them I was willing to travel or wait a good bit of time or even consider other competing vehicles but I was NOT going to pay asking price on the Juke.
I also told them that I was not against the dealer charging what ever they thought they could get if someone was willing to pay it, but that someone was not me and if they wanted to sell the car we could deal. I spoke clearly and without malice and three times I stood and walked to the door to leave without anger and with complete sincerity and each time I was pleaded to return to the desk. In the end I think both the dealer and I were happy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm... GRey1 spoke about both MSRP and invoice prices, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt. GRey1, can you confirm you got the Juke for less than invoice?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts