Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

HAD ANYONE REBUILD AWD DIFF 2011

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jjm_23 
#1 ·
Had anyone rebuilded a awd diff ?? Just asking if is better to rebuild it or just buy a used one since there is different diff with gears ratios. Does the nismo rs diff will fit my 2011 ??

#2 ·
Any AWD rear dif should work. Maybe try to source a rebuild ?

Why do you want to rebuild it ?

#4 ·
You would have to know if it was the differential or not. Loud noise could simply be the half-shaft CV joint. The Rear differential is insanely expensive, and the rebuild isn't far behind. Used unit off a junked low mileage Juke would be the best route if it's truly the differential.

#6 ·
You asked, so I mentioned it. The clutch packs can be rebuilt.....yes. The service manual shows how to do it and the exploded parts list. This would be about the only inexpensive part of the rebuild. The electromagnets are insanely expensive but without diagnosing the problem it's impossible to say what your particular issue is. Are you having problems with the torque vectoring? Can you fully lockup the rear differential to AWD-mode to confirm? Is the rear differential overheating? There is a diagnostic fault tree in the Service manual to check the differential, I'd start there before just tearing the unit apart.

#7 ·
^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

#8 ·
Yes i can fully engaged awd mode and still make the made the noise. like i said before had the same situation with a bmw and its was the diff so i now for sure its the diff. What i really like to know if the nismo rs diff gonna fit my 2011 juke ??

#9 ·
Comparing Bmw and juke mechanicals is really a fair comparison. Not saying it isn't valid, but learn the juke before assuming it is the same as a bimmer.

And to answer your question as long as the part numbers match, the rear diff should match. Hit up some nissan part sites and do some part number comparisions.

#10 · (Edited)
To Bargeld's point, here you go:

It fits because it's a 2012-2017 fitment for all AWD CVT. The 2011-2012 had a 5.798 ratio. Could be the sealed bearings, no way to know for sure. My CVT primary shaft bearing rattled on every left turn. This was gear debri contamination in the roller bearing cage. Does your's rattle during turns? Your description is vague. Swapping bearings would not be a big deal, but these bearings are like $70 each so it'll start adding up.

Here is what appears to be a 2014 low mileage unit off the RS, take your pick on Ebay.

Total of $500 plus shipping. That is going your simplest option, find the lowest mileage unit you can get from a Frontal crash if possible. Or price out a rebuild with every bearing, seal, shim, etc. and go to town.

Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.