Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone have some real-life pictures of the optional gunmental wheels?
I would rather take the wheels to a powder coater and get the exact shade you want. I did this with my Maxima wheels and they are truly unique. A shade between gunmetal and black and also has a sparkle in the powder, so it really shines in the sun

I tried to post pics, but can't cause I don't have 10 posts. oh well, trust me, they are amazing :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about the optional 17 inch wheels. I believe they're a different design. They only come in gunmetal though.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I haven't seen any pics of those either; would like to see them on a white vehicle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would rather take the wheels to a powder coater and get the exact shade you want. I did this with my Maxima wheels and they are truly unique. A shade between gunmetal and black and also has a sparkle in the powder, so it really shines in the sun
Powder coating to exactly the color you want sounds like a great option!

Is there any issue with chipping or flaking or anything like that..? Does it depend on the quality of who you have coat them? Or is the process itself such that the coating material bonds in such a a way to not cause chipping or flaking or anything like that?

chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Powder coated. I got the shiny silver Nissan cap off eBay (used, but looked new). I wanted a shade between black and the typical gunmetal, but also wanted it to shine. I think I nailed it. the powder also has a metallic flake in it, so it really shines in the sun. Ok, so the photos kinda make it look black, but it really isn't

Really old photo (that is lower manhattan, NYC, NY and statue of liberty). If you are interested, photo taken on 58th St Pier, Brooklyn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Powder coating to exactly the color you want sounds like a great option!

Is there any issue with chipping or flaking or anything like that..? Does it depend on the quality of who you have coat them? Or is the process itself such that the coating material bonds in such a a way to not cause chipping or flaking or anything like that?

chris
In short, no, it won't chip, flake, etc. If you rub on curbs, you'll probably still take the finish off as it isn't Line-X :)

This video is really good at explaining, BUT I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ6m5rYKnY4

This is who did mine. He was excellent to deal with for a first timer! He has lots of photos of his work
Precision Powder Coating

·
Registered
123 Posts
I take my hat off to you sir, a most excellent color choice, you can see the richness the flakes add to the overall effect of the wheel, very very nice:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I take my hat off to you sir, a most excellent color choice, you can see the richness the flakes add to the overall effect of the wheel, very very nice:D
Thanks. The Powder coating cost $105/wheel. a no-brainer for anyone into mods.

buy an additional set of wheels, take them to PC'ers, get the PC'd wheels back, swap over stock tires or get good tires, then sell off the stockers and the costs are minimal for maximum return

1 - 18 of 18 Posts