Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so apparently the "sports appearance package" includes a spoiler and gunmetal wheels.

Do you think the gunmetal wheels would look good on a white vehicle? How about other colors?

Are there any issues, pros/cons with the darker color wheels do you think?

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
The gun metal gives the Juke a little more sinister look on Medium to dark colors and would probably do a much better job at hiding brake dust etc.
On some lighter colors it looks like it's missing hub caps.

I'm getting it with the Red. However I like both styles.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, I don't think I'd like it on dark colors. and I've never given a thought to "hiding brake dust" in my life

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I don't think gunmetal rims would help me. I should take a picture of my rims for you. I haven't cleaned them for a couple weeks. The fronts look like they haven't been cleaned in months, while the backs don't look too bad at all. I drive my car pretty rough. Heavy gas, heavy brakes and lots of manual shifting. The brake dust buildup is horrible unless I run ceramic pads and those stop like crap.

hmm, I don't think I'd like it on dark colors. and I've never given a thought to "hiding brake dust" in my life

·
Registered
393 Posts
Still looking for some nice 19" black polished for a white one...
It's difficult to find with all the right spec's. More te choose from are de 18"

I like the new borbet design cc polished wheels. Tried the brock b22 but there to open..

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
so apparently the "sports appearance package" includes a spoiler and gunmetal wheels.

Do you think the gunmetal wheels would look good on a white vehicle? How about other colors?

Are there any issues, pros/cons with the darker color wheels do you think?
I'll post some up when I get my Juke in December. Just waiting on it to show up...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the gunmetal color would look great on a light color Juke. Maybe get the calipers painted the same color as the car or in red. But never a good idea to hide brake dust.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Gunmetal Wheels

We have not yet gotten our red Juke but we had the same question at the dealer because ours is the SV sport package. Fortunately the dealer had a set of the gunmetal wheels in the parts department. They do not look like any of the pictures. They are semi gloss grey on the spokes but polished on the face of each spoke. They looked really sharp.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm considering Graphite Blue with the gunmetal wheels (sport package). None of the Juke's in my area seem to have the sport package though so I'm going to have to order one to get the gunmetal wheels.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm considering Graphite Blue with the gunmetal wheels (sport package). None of the Juke's in my area seem to have the sport package though so I'm going to have to order one to get the gunmetal wheels.
I suggest you look at the wheels in person before you order. I thought we wanted the gunmetals wheels as well, but I saw them in person this week and they really didn't look like the same on the vehicle. I'm really glad we added the spoiler though, I really like the look of it. We also have the exhaust finisher, so it's almost like we have the sport package.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can get an after market set slot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Before JukeForums, I never even knew about brake dust. See what I've learned? Today, I saw this on my cow orker's car, and was like, whoa! I hope there's not anything wrong with her brakes--I've never seen anything like this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the sports package on my car and I love the gunmetal wheels. I think they look better. I've had mine a couple of weeks and haven't had any issues with build up and I haven't washed it yet.

I also do mainly highway driving so I don't have a lot of breaking that I do.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
I have the sport package on my Cayenne red and it looks great.If you want to see brake dust, check out a WRX STi, EVO, 350Z, or 370Z with silver wheels. Man those Brembos shed some dust.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Before JukeForums, I never even knew about brake dust. See what I've learned? Today, I saw this on my cow orker's car, and was like, whoa! I hope there's not anything wrong with her brakes--I've never seen anything like this.

That's just extremely poor maintenance, Mercedes Benz, go figure. :rolleyes:

All brakes shed dust to a degree, some worse than others which mostly depends on the type of pad used. This Mercedes above may use a more aggressive pad to help with shorter stopping distances, but ultimately you just need to clean your wheels regularly. This not only keeps them clean, but also the brake grime will eat away at the wheels which you obviously want to prevent.

The dust is of course more noticeable on lighter colored wheels like our factory silver wheels. Darker grey, gunmetal, and black wheels hide it quite a bit better, but again you need to keep this grime off as much as possible otherwise it will eat at the finish.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts