Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is my first post here so please be kind :)

I recently purchased a 2014 Juke Nismo RS. Along with the car came a box of parts that the previous owner had purchased used but never installed.

In the box, was what I believe to be a GTM Cold Air Intake. (The Clamps say GTM). But, I am not sure that I got all of the components and there was no pod filter in the box.. I am aware that the company is no longer around and by reading some forum posts, it doesn't look like it was too good of a product. But I decided to try and install it for fun. I ordered the same pod filter that the INJEN CAI uses thinking that the orientation looked pretty similar. Unfortunately that is not the case.

IMG_0603.jpg

The purpose of this forum post is because I wanted to see how the Pod filter was supposed to be mounted for the GTM CAI. Because I am going to have to make some custom modifications to get my intake to fit properly and I am curious how it was originally done. Maybe GTM used a different shape pod filter? or maybe I am missing one other piece of tubing? Does anyone have a photo of the GTM Cold Air Intake actually installed??

I have attached some photos of the intake and the current situation.
IMG_0662.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg

I am planning on getting another piece of aluminum tubing to mimic the rubber hose (which you will recognize as a piece of the intake from the engine bay) to move the filter into better location so that it can be installed.I am basically going to mimic the Injen setup by aiming the filter directly at the blocked vent under the DRL.

IMG_0666.jpg

I am aware that I might also be able to use a Silicone hose to make this small connection at the bottom and a small piece of aluminum to clamp the filter to but I am concerned about the amount of movement that might be introduced by using a bent silicone hose hanging downward in this orientation and contacting the fender liner.

If anyone has any brilliant ideas on an easier way to implement this solution please let me know!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
This thread talks about installing. Some of the members build threads may help too.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
My opinion is that an intake is an intake, is an intake. Meaning, as long as you can get it to fit and there are no leaks and the maf mounting is correct, then you should have no worries.
The main difference in SRI vs CAI (short ram vs cold air) is its access to external "cold air" vs engine compartment "hot air". So if you can get a decent filter "pod" as you call it, and mount it in the same-ish location as the original design, then you are good to go.
Keep in mind that without any additional supporting mods (upper hard pipes, upgraded intercooler, tune, etc.) you aren't going to get a major performance increase from just the intake. It's mainly an audible increase from being able to hear the turbo a bit more.
I say do what you gotta do to just get it done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts