Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Juke SL Friday-first one sold in Evansville, IN. Gunmetal Gray FWD, with carpeted rugs and mud flaps.
First impressions: Plenty of room up front for driver and passenger-I'm 6'1", and have plenty of headroom; not so much room for any backseaters; trunk is adequate, especially if folding the rear seats-much more room than my Jeep ever had. Car rides like a bit like a jeep-same bounce over expansion joints and bumps, but not as gut busting.
Handling is quick and precise, especially in Normal and Sport. ECO mode is like driving a very underpowered car in the city, unless you kick the turbo in. ECO is definately for highway driving only-simply too sluggish in city driving, unless you have a lead foot-you keep pushing on the accelerator waiting for it to take off. Normal mode picks things up considerably-really starts to feel like a sports car--zoom zoom. Sport mode-like driving a Porsche, especially when compared to ECO mode.
Fit and finish of the Juke looks first rate. Paint is very nice, and seams and joints fit together to make the Juke look like a much more expensive vehicle. Interior is well made, the leather seats are SUPERB-some of the most comfortable seats in a car, in my opinion. Wind noise is very low, even with the sunroof open. I'm too old to crank up the radio too far, but the sound system is good enough for my old ears-much better than most vehicles radios I have spent time in.
I think Nissan has a winner with the Juke-23k buys a lot of vehicle, and in these times, that's important. I got the extended warranty, just because it's a new model, and it has a LOT of electronic equipment that could fail.
Don't expect any major deals or discounts-if you don't feel slightly violated when you leave the dealership, feel very fortunate-the dealers know someone will buy the car at the price they are asking, and it won't be sitting on the lot long, especially now, just after introduction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What color trim do you have inside? My SL gunmetal gray is on the boat and should be here at the end of next week. It has black leather so it should have the gray trim inside. I do not want red. Good luck with your ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts