Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there please forgive me as I’m a bit of a noob really loving my juke atm my dad always loved them so after losing him thought it would be fitting to treat myself to one with my inheritance(Totally insignificant I know). After a couple of days of driving it from the dealer the red engine light came on and hooked it up to my code reader. It appears there was a problem with the circuit on glowplug A. I took it back and the dealer replaced the relay which appeared to sort the problem out. I thought I would upgrade my code reader as if it wasn’t for mine it could of been an expensive issue. Once it arrived I plugged it in to see the code was still on, which would of said it’s an old code. I deleted it plugged the old reader in and there it was on the old code reader to which I deleted it on there. I’m now thinking to myself has the dealer tried to cover his back by the old tape over the lightbulb trick? Is there some sort of instrument cluster test I can be running to see if all the lights come on as the light doesn’t come on when the key is in the on position. My apologies if my thread is a little long winded, I just want to be one step ahead of the seller incase it turns out he’s trying to deceive me. (which I hope he isn’t)

·
Super Moderator
2,275 Posts
I don't know if it's different on a diesel or European vehicle, but on the North American Juke (petrol), the instrument cluster should do a self test on first power-up where it will light all the various lamps in a sequence and slowly extinguish them as internal tests pass. also in accessory mode, the check engine light will stay illuminated. Try that on your Juke to see if it illuminates. Also the code may have been either a pending or inactive history code meaning the engine had a problem but it's not active now or didn't occur in 2 consecutive start-ups or drive cycles in order to trigger the engine light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts