Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently swapped from Turbosmart Kompact DV to GFB Mach 2 DV and after a couple weeks of driving, had some rough idling and while the wife was moving it, she said it puttered out and died. Took a look and found the culprit today. It appears that the GFB with a non-moveable vacuum line is REALLY close to the injen hard pipe. I was able to adjust some of the mounting brackets for all the different things involved and gain about a 7mm gap, which appears to be enough to prevent actual contact between the two. While it's not in motion. I was able to flip that vacuum line upside down (luckily, the bottom connection is a straight line with lots of excess before the barb), but I'm going to get (a) new vacuum line. Hopefully I can find something with a more durable, hard exterior layer. Plan B is to wrap it in some fancy tape or something.

So note to anyone considering this combo, pay close attention to the mounting of the upper pipe and the upper intake pipes and manifold and try to get as much of a gap as you can to avoid rubbing.

White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Rim

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Your going to have to put a dimple in the pipe. This is a very common issue with that dv. Its huge. Even if you run a thicker hose, it will eventually slice from the pinch. Another option is to try to bend the barb a bit. But you risk breaking it.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's still really close. You can see how I adjusted the mounting on the bracket at the bottom to gain the space. I might try to pull the whole thing over to the far side to get a couple mm more.

Motor vehicle Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
A better solution might be to expand the holes on the cross over pipe a little so you can twist it away a bit. That bracket helps prevent the pipe from blowing off of the throttle, or if it does blow off, it stops it from ripping the map sensor in two.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Bash the pipe with a hammer to give it a dent for clearance :D

• Haha
Reactions: DCastellanos

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are talking about the main 2 bolts on the top of the upper pipe, that might be a last resort. Problem that I have is that when I bought that pipe, the bolt for the support along the middle was missing. It's been relying on those 2 top bolts and the intercooler elbow for support. It's been like that for years now, with no problems. That mounting bracket looks like it would force the whole assembly back a LOT if I actually tried to put a bolt in it and use it. IMO Injen has pretty bad placement for a lot of their brackets, so I just chalked it up to poor Injen design and left that bolt out.

So, could look at trying to put that bolt in (it just really looks a ways off). OR was wondering if the top of the GFB could be manually rotated by 90 degrees if I opened it up from the top (service access). 🤔

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Never had Injen pipe fitment issues with the turbosmart valves we use over here.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are talking about the main 2 bolts on the top of the upper pipe, that might be a last resort. Problem that I have is that when I bought that pipe, the bolt for the support along the middle was missing. It's been relying on those 2 top bolts and the intercooler elbow for support. It's been like that for years now, with no problems. That mounting bracket looks like it would force the whole assembly back a LOT if I actually tried to put a bolt in it and use it. IMO Injen has pretty bad placement for a lot of their brackets, so I just chalked it up to poor Injen design and left that bolt out.

So, could look at trying to put that bolt in (it just really looks a ways off). OR was wondering if the top of the GFB could be manually rotated by 90 degrees if I opened it up from the top (service access). 🤔
I have the same issue as you did here. I was wondering the same thing about turning the top. What did you end up doing?
Thanks
Stephen.

·
Registered
2011 Juke S 6MT with a GFB Respons TMS BOV.
41 Posts
I installed a GFB Respons a couple days ago and ran into a similar issue, it pinches a couple coolant/vacuum lines below it. No issues so far but still, it doesn't let me sleep at night (not really).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts