Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is driving me crazy cause I can’t find anything in the manual that makes sense. I have a 13’ Nismo with the electronically controlled HVAC system. Whenever I start the car or turn the AC a off then back on, it ALWAYS starts in recirculating. You’re supposed to start your AC in Fresh air mode and switch to Recirculate after it cools down a bit to help get some of the hot air out.
Does anybody know how to change the default intake settings?

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
I think it actually does all of that automatically. Once the system is up and running, there is a small grille area under the push-button start that sucks in air and measures the temperature. The sun sensor on the dash measures the light and heat and together the AC decides which mode to use.

·
Administrator
12,806 Posts
Are you using Auto heat and ac ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a '14 SV but check the owner's manual under:

Automatic air intake control:
Push and hold the outside air circulation “ ”
/air recirculation “ ” button for more than 1.5
seconds to set the automatic control between
the outside air circulation and air recirculation
modes.
When the “ ” or “ ” position is selected,
the air recirculation mode does not activate.
When setting the automatic control mode, the
indicator lights “ ” and “ ” will blink twice
indicating that the system is in the automatic
control mode.

Also when the cabin temperature cools down sufficiently, the AC will automatically switch to outside air. But I live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and we've had several weeks of triple digit temperatures, so it stays on recirculating.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for trying to help guys. I’m not too sure about the auto ac/heat settings. I’m just used to starting my AC on fresh because the outside air is typically cooler than the heated air on the inside. I thought that was a common practice since it’s easier to cool 90* outside air then switch to recirculating VS inside air that’s possibly 40-50* hotter. I just want the ac to start on fresh without all the auto BS trying to be smarter than me. Lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first paragraph I referenced shows how to enable and DISABLE automatic air intake control. When I purchased my Juke I used that info from the owner's manual to enable auto air intake. You'll just have to check the owner's manual to clearly understand it, because the symbols for outside air and recirculation are being displayed as " ", since they won't copy and paste. It's on page 4-19 in my manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts