Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
So from my discussion with esurance, it hasn't been added to any of their insurance databases yet, so I wasn't able to add the car online. The agent I talked to was very helpful, and since I was going to pick up the car at that time she just used rates for a rogue and manually entered the Juke onto my insurance card. I am assuming that this will rectify itself in a week or so, as they become more available, but it would be a good idea to give yourself some time to have a long call with whoever your agent is before going to pick up the car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We've started the discussion here, but I thought this deserved it's own thread. http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/new-member-introductions/117775-got-mine-last-night.html

Would you recommend contacting your insurance agent directly, and asking them to look it up? I'm sure they have no idea right now . . .
Whenever buying a new/used car its always a good idea to sort everything out with the insurance company before making the final purchase. A few people I know backed away from purchasing certain cars they had a hard time getting insurance on. I don't doubt the Juke will have any major problems getting insured but seeing as it won't be on most insurance companies database it will be a lot easier to talk to the agent directly. Also I know here in Canada its always a lot better to deal with a broker instead of the agent directly since the broker usually has some insider tip on how to save you money on your insurance that most agents won't really tell you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Called my agent today (Allstate) still not in their system. I described it to her as a cross between a rogue and a versa... Mine won't be in for a week so hopefully things will change before it comes in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have mine with Progressive, and it was in their system at least a week ago.

They're still processing the rates...but at least it's there! I have a temporary proof of insurance card with it on it for now. $24 increase on my premium...not sure if that means monthly or every 6 months, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts