Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
621 - 623 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Yes and no. The other engine parts are very reasonable still, lead times are just longer now. But in particular these phasers are 2-3 times more expensive than what they should be, it's completely out of proportion to what the entire engine would cost. The aftermarket phasers from RockAuto are available for $250-$350 but I wouldn't take the risk. If a place could rebuild/refurbish them I might have the originals done as a backup as there isn't much to them. They are just oil debri traps which is why they get replaced if the engine happens to go south.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sounds like Evo prices to me. I dropped my Mivec gear when doing the cam swap and it was a nice $500 fix and that was well before covid prices....

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 · (Edited)
Sounds like Evo prices to me. I dropped my Mivec gear when doing the cam swap and it was a nice $500 fix and that was well before covid prices....
I here you, must be some kind of monopoly on those cam phasers or something.

Still waiting on those cam phasers from Nissan, looks like it'll be longer than the typical 4 weeks to ship from the distributors due to the Covid related shipping backlogs.

Next parts to order I've listed below in "yellow". This represents ALL of the engine sensors, not including g-sensors or wheel speed sensors and stuff like that but you get the idea. I have about $667 in sensors still to purchase. The engine harness is included as well which also includes some sensor connections off the CVT transmission. On an engine rebuild I'm a big fan of replacing the harness with a fresh one and the price isn't outrageous at $578, last year it was $478 so that is the inflation kicking in. I'm showing some Rock Auto alternates but the Nissan Dealership prices at Ziegler Nissan are close enough that I'll order up OE Nissan sensors instead. Where Rock Auto list "OE Supplier" those are safe to purchase as they are the direct OE supplier to Nissan.

Couple notes here. I've found Ziegler Nissan and Downers Grove Nissan to have the lowest OE Nissan prices around which includes all of the Nissan online suppliers when you consider tax/shipping/handling charges. If you do searches with the Nissan SKU on Amazon you can sometimes get an even lower price and that is another good way to get the absolute best deals on some expensive parts. Typically I'll avoid Ebay as there is a very high probability the "genuine" OE part is a counterfeit knockoff. Almost everyone else on the internet are significantly higher. When you are buying hundreds of parts it pays to keep looking for the lowest prices, sometimes even waiting till just before Dec 31st when they start pushing some sales. These prices are almost competitive with Rock Auto 3rd party parts. So if you guys are doing large builds I'd highly recommend these guys for parts sourcing.

There's more I have to order to finish the build but I'm taking it 1 month at a time so keep the costs reasonable. As I build the engine outwards, then I order those parts as they are needed. The alternator, starter, pulley tensioner, & motor mounts will get ordered last.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

Attachments

621 - 623 of 623 Posts