So what would happen if you said. "Its close enough" and didnt do all the balancing of valve lengths etc.
Won't matter too much if I don't shim the valve springs. More of a perfectionist type thing and just the way I am I guess. Basically it's part of the engine blue printing process. I bought spring shims for 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm, and 1.00mm thickness. It would only affect the valve float rpm. I want to keep the 8500 rpm rev limit target so I'll take the time to shim the springs equally as best as I can measure. But with these upgraded springs they will easily hold whatever rpm I plan on running day to day whether I adjust the lengths or not.So what would happen if you said. "Its close enough" and didnt do all the balancing of valve lengths etc.
Probably a completely silly question but could u add a jet to help with the cleaning of the build up gunk u had problems with?I like the iterative approach. As you are clearly aware, product development is a sometimes painful process of finding and addressing all the areas of improvement, not doing something once and declaring it perfect. Anyone trying to innovate taking a scientific approach gets to be wrong a lot about their assumptions throughout simulation, testing and validation- and the more advanced the application, the more often you get to be wrong. While some of us have learned this lesson the hard way, some people who have egos invested in always being right should remember that rigorously seeking out areas for improvement and figuring out ways to address them is how progress is made. The community overall benefits overall by you taking them through the optimization process in detail... I am fascinated and would love to see more of the iterations that didn't work, as you tend to learn more from them than the final design.
A few more thoughts:
As a further tweak, did you try individually adjusting the angle of the openings of the velocity stacks to the flow? The beauty of additive is that you can play around with designs that go beyond what is possible with traditional manufacturing.
Also, did you think about that pressure relief plug? Reducing the amount of material, as the worst case scenario is relieved, may reduce your costs, in addition to weight.
And while you are at it, did you think about a secondary injector into the plenum? It has been done before to add fuel flow or methanol on boosted engines and might be a consideration, depending on your end goals.
Mac, thanks. Definitely has been a long journey but it'll definitely get completed.Well I know there are a lot of people following this build. They just dont post here. People are excited so I hope that helps.
Thanks for the thumbs up Ausjuk33. Wasn't expecting a build to take this long but with demanding job, health issues, and finances it's one of those things. I've definitely been resisting the temptation to cut corners but so far I've built it more or less how I planned to. Should turn out well and hopefully I have a near brand new Juke with a reliable +320 h.p. at the end of it.Awesome post mate, heaps of love from downunder jukers👍👍. Appreciate all the tech tips and honestly, We all waiting to see if u get everything u working towards. Hopefully great power with easy reliability. As Mac said, please continue. Thankyou
Yeah I would think that they would be pricey especially with todays supply chain issues.Mini update here.
Ordered up the Intake & Exhaust cam phasers (Nissan 13025-4BB0A & 13025-4BB0C) from Ziggler Nissan. These little babies were $462 ea. and $498 respectively, total was around $1050 with tax. A few dealerships were charging about $750 ea. for these parts which is absolutely absurd for what they are. Probably the single most expensive part you can purchase on the entire engine except for the engine block and cylinder head. The original cam gear phasers had 80,000 miles on them and I assume they were working fine but they can't be reliably rebuilt so I just purchased new ones.