Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm not very active in digital space so I will just show a pic of what I got!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So what it does is allows you to vent to atmosphere and as soon as it's done the spring closes the cover on the port so to not suck in air under vacume. They come in 50mm length like mine or 60mm for a little more presence.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Very cool, nice work. Turbosmart also have a control valve used for diesels that’ll keep the actual diverter valve itself from hanging open during part throttle, improving boost response. I like your solution though, very innovative.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So what it does is allows you to vent to atmosphere and as soon as it's done the spring closes the cover on the port so to not suck in air under vacume. They come in 50mm length like mine or 60mm for a little more presence.
So what part is this I’d like to purchase this! Also, the top part of my Turbosmart diverted valve keeps coming loose. Should I duct tape it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
So what part is this I’d like to purchase this! Also, the top part of my Turbosmart diverted valve keeps coming loose. Should I duct tape it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A little amount of blue thread lock.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Works fine no retune!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
In other news:

I just had my gallbladder removed. Was having some pain during the week and then a gallstone attack. It was completely full of gall-stones so it had to come out. One stone broke loose and blocked the passage leading from my liver to my intestine.........not fun. As you guys may know all elective surgeries are on hold due to Covid-19. Surgeon said the gallbladder is coming out now, no options. I came in Friday and spent Saturday under observation, then I had the laproscopic procedure on Sunday morning. I'm out now and have 2 weeks recovery but it's going good. I consider it like weight savings on my Juke....lol. Seriously though, he said mine probably wasn't working anymore and I wouldn't miss it. Gotta keep that diet lowfat to avoid this type of thing happening to you. I'm gonna start eating healthy from now on.

Anyway, can't lift more than 20 lbs but I should be able to rebuild the turbo. All the turbo parts came in except the compressor wheel, must be on backorder or they messed up the packing. I took the compressor cover off and I have to say the Mambatek 11-blade compressor wheel is pretty big. It's rated at 46mm I.D. and 58mm O.D. but the extended tip is more like 60.77mm. The wheel height is also tall so it can grab some serious air. The blade thickness however is thin, very thin. I highly suggest a good quality air filter or the compressor wheel will get damaged pretty easily if any sand or debri make it in. Overall though, I'd easily expect 40.0 lb/min or 400 h.p. capacity out of this billet wheel. The one I'm waiting on is the 6+6 blade version which should flow even higher. I'm impressed with it though.

The Knipex snap ring pliers make taking the compressor housing off a breeze. I highly recommend buying Knipex snap ring plier sets, though this one was not in a kit but a bigger single one, see the P/N I mentioned earlier. They are forged and 1 piece after laser welding the tips on or something like that so the tips don't come out. Gotta like German tools.

The 3" compressor inlet I had to modify to get the studs/nut to clear for the 10mm wrench. I ground some relief pockets so the wrench could slide on and off. It looks like the entire thing is clear anodized or clear coated, so I'm going to figure out how to refinish it. The inlet is probably still 0.25" too big to match fit with the compressor cover. So what I'll do is a very simple radiused chamfer on the compressor cover that'll flow perfectly into the new compressor wheel. There will be also be a separate custom "S" bend compressor inlet pipe that will mount to the Injen CAI but the entire setup is nearly 3" all the way thru. Later on I may have to upsize the MAF chamber and rescale the sensor but that is a bit later when I start pushing the tune. I'll post up some pics of all the parts maybe next week.

Mambatek ship very quick but I had to send an e-mail and I'm still waiting on a response. Once the compressor comes in I'll start taking pictures of the turbo teardown and rebuild.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I hope you get well soon. I had my gallbladder out about 15 years ago. It is a quick recovery when they work from the inside.
Yeah, it was quick. They got me admitted on Friday, then Saturday observation, Sunday surgery, Monday working from home. Crazy but I’m glad it’s done. Now back to working on cars....lol. Talk about getting older.

261 - 271 of 271 Posts