Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
This is getting so epic you're gonna be bought out by Disney and franchised by year's end.

I would say that's NASA level stuff, but Disney has way more cash.
Elon Musk might have something to say.

WOW btw. Amazing.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Elon musk was just a comment about the other comment not your build $$$. Just making a joke.. Sorry for rhe confusion.

Epic build tho. Might want to consider those cams.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Rotational mass has advantages for sure.

Would be interesting to do your build. Break it in then add the pulley for kicks. It wont break the motor but drive it for a tank of gas and see what she is like.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Dont forget pics of the Intake runners and valves. Curious people want to know how the Gen1 deals with carbon build up.

Reactions: Angela Treannie

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Making some progress on the engine:Regarding the intakes valves.........they are in bad shape. I've could never figure out why my compression was dropping on 1 cylinder. Never seen this much build up and I use Seafoam every 10-15k miles too.
Wow. I guess Gen 1 is not good with this issue no matter what you do.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Oh man. That intake valve does not look good.

More pics when and if you have a chance to. That would be awesome.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I have discussed this before but not at great length. Porting etc. There is huge room for gains just not worth the money to pull the engine etc etc for most of us. Since its out. Bam. Should be a great move.

Just like the Turbo. The Ins and Outs need more flow. Lots of OEM restrictions everywhere.

The CAM upgrade is happening real soon. We should see the Higher RPM stiffer sprung valve trane work wonders til it hits some more of these restrictions.

But yeah. One thing that has not been discussed is more power through higher RPM. The Usable Redline to the next shift point and rpm is not huge with the Juke Manual transmission. 4000rpm to 6800. So Increasing that to 8500rpms would be super beneficial. I know ChrisChorn had his tuned RPM limit raised to 7500 for Autocrossing etc. My tuner let mine go to 7200. Would not do 7500. Said he heard possible valve float. So to do a 0-60 with the RS. You hit 50-55mph and then have to shift. So with upgraded cams, heads, tune, and springs. You can get well over 60. BUT the CVT would Scream at 8k rpms all the time. Now thats sick. LOL.

Yeah yeah. The bottom of the motor will have to be built too. ;)

Anyway. Great topics. Porting with Eliminating restrictions and increasing the Juke RPMs. These can all be done with just bolt ons too. Til the OEM Turbo housing truly becomes the last restriction. I have a feeling the plastic intake runners might be one we cant do anything about. Wonder what they can actually flow to get the max WHP limit.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Matt has Cams. He is installing a set this weekend I think. He should have 4 sets left. He sourced springs too.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I think Matt estimated based on a possible 30% more air flow from the cams that a Mamba equipped Juke would get around 25whp more. So your comparison of porting, head work etc and cams is very accurate. I think the cams are $800 with your old cams returned to him like a core charge as these are regrinds.

Then add the extra RPMs with stiffer springs. It is a worthy upgrade for some.

https://youtu.be/beQxI6l9J9E

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
8000 rpms is huge as is the $$$ to get it there.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
So no balancing to get higher rpms then if I read that correct?

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Awe. No Carbon build up pics ?

I know I am a glutton for Carbon pics. The more the better.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Oh Man. Thats some nasty crud right there. Thank you for taking the time to post these.

You can clearly see the carbon ring build up towards the outside of the pistons.

I wonder what a current gen DIG specified oil will do to help minimize that "Fuel and Oil" mix zone ?

I wonder what an 8k engine looks like.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Geez Boring part. Not to me. Its all awesome coming from you and especially the Pics now are super better with the updated forum.

No more reserving space for photos etc.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
NissanEgg has an oil cooler install buried in his build thread.

As of now. FastReligion is having issues with his Cams till they can figure out the injector timing. Uprev cannot adjust it but Ecutek can.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
That will be fun for sure.

Isnt the limit on the Evo the trans/Clutch and or the rear drive line or is that Subi's

Right now lightly modded E30-E40 SHO's are finally reliably hitting High 11's, DA permitting of course. IC, Cattless DPs, Cored Turbos, HPFP, Engine mounts, Lowering Springs and and tires. Not cheap but not a huge list. Not bad for a 4200 pound beast.

Apparently DA doesnt matter and this guy tore out his seats and stuff for weight reduction. 11.33 at 118mph. Woot. This SHO has 112k miles. Uses the same guy I tune with.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I've been having way too many run ins with very fast cars lately. A Camaro ZL1 (570 hp) and a Lamboghini Urus (641 hp), among others. I'd like to level the playing field a bit. Can't believe how fast cars are coming out of the factory.
I hear ya there. Its easy to get bored with rides. Buying "Fast" is easier than modding fast. Fast is easy to buy and "Flash Tune". There are times I think. I can trade in my Juke an SHO and get one car that suits all my needs.

Here is the guy going over his build if you care to watch.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
It seems the stiffer springs Fast Religion is using work. Too bad you have the CVT and are RPM limited.

Still excited to see the Engine and CVT mods you are doing come together.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I am amazed the valve guides are so durable. That almost always seemed to be a weak point of some yester year motors.

Always great and informative MRDDT stuff here.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I believe he said steel guides. Thats why I was shocked at this motor if you look at totality. Its not that weak in most areas. Just lacking in easy cheap Mods.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts