Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
�瑞� |

www.gecko-sport.com

Posted in the Juke Ownership Facebook page.......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NissanJukeOwnersClub/?fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/geckoracing/?ref=br_rs

Gecko Racing Coilover !
‧ G-street / 850USD include shipping
It comes with 24-clicks adjustable damping and the shock body is height adjustable, Monotube in design which gives more strength and larger piston for better damping control.

We are currently looking for more dealers for Gecko Suspension
(Requirements: Must have workshop to install and sell suspension and car parts )

High quality components:
‧SAE9254 steels springs
‧Aluminum alloy upper mounts
‧Japan NOK oil seal
‧Japan KOYO bearing
‧France TOTAL rotary dedicated oil
‧Mono-tube shock design

The NOK seals used are the same as Tein, They are manufactured in Taiwan, not China, so the quality control is a lot better
warranty:
‧1 year unlimited mileage warranty of shock
‧Half year of consumables like rubber top mount
‧Completely rebuildable and individual parts are available separately for purchase

Payment by Paypal
Delivery time:
We ship our products via DHL International. 3~5 days to your door step.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dope. And a good price...the model on their site doesn't sell me one bit though. Everything else including price seems decent

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I volunteer as tribute Guinea pig for these. The BMW and Acura communities really like Gecko. Plus my wife breeds Geckos so it was an easy sell for her. There is virtually zero information about these for the Juke. I made a recklessly low offer on ebay and got pretty close.

I did the G-Racing series with the camber bolts and adjustable damping.

I shall report back after the 22nd for detailed pictures and reviews.

https://geckoracingusa.com/collections/nissan/products/g-racing-coilover-for-11-up-nissan-juke

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
No they're only for FWD, but good catch. They just re-use the same couple of stock photos for their product image. Based on their sexy model photos I'm guessing they're a pretty low budget company.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Got here from Taiwan today. That was fast. They sure look pretty. Stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woah. Risky test there. I didnt trust them.

Keep us posted !!!

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I hemmed and hawed on these for a while. Manny and I tried to get a discounted group buy scenario up and running for the Tein Advanced. There is basiclaly zero margin in those (i'm told) and take 12-16 weeks to arrive from basiclaly any vendor. So I went for it.

The Geckos are a risky move, but I just couldn't justify the RS-Rs for twice the cheddar, and I thought it would be neat to try something totally different. Their customer service was great and they arrived from Taiwan in 72 hours. Free shipping, too.

They use the same internals as Tein (NOK seals and oil), are consumer rebuildable and offer custom storing rates and I believe valving (is that a verb?) as well. They also sell all components separately for a decent price. At the very least I don't think they're gonna suck. I shall report back with a long-winded review, as per uzje.

Woah. Risky test there. I didnt trust them.

Keep us posted !!!

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
$850 and coilovers do not go good in the long run.

Best of luck with them.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
According to their sales department they have a background in OE suspensions with a number of carmakers, but have only recently tried to reach the consumer market. If their customer service had sucked I'd have kept looking but I was impressed enough to want to take a gamble. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Progress! Car guy said he's impressed with the build quality of these so far...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Look out driveways, I'm coming for you...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Initial ride height. Gonna try it like this for a few days and see what I think.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Thank you, sir. It's kinda neat trying something that none of us have any experience with. I will try to be as detailed with updates as I can for anyone who's looking into coils later on.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
So you noticed any Newfound climbing abilities in other words can your Juke crawl up walls or is that just a sales gimmick

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Totally a sham. I've been duped!

So you noticed any Newfound climbing abilities in other words can your Juke crawl up walls or is that just a sales gimmick

·
Registered
1 Posts
AVOID ! AVOID !
completely , i installed the gecko coil overs on my 2012 civic and i lost ride quality , handling only stance and i was going to have an accident , i also discovered that i had a faulty spring rear and wheel mount from day one which they refused to change , not mentioning the banging , clunking and noisy sounds ... i just threw them away and saved my soul , aftermarket springs were actually better than that shitty brand

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts