Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First time posting, as I've luckily made it to 145k miles without issues!

Last night (close to home) i suddenly lost all tention in my gear stick (2012 manual Juke). I was able to freely move it back and forward between the 1st and 2nd gear position. I thought I was unable to move then realised i could move the car forward in 1st and 2nd gear, but couldnt move the stick sideways to access any other gears or neutral. This was enough to get it home.

I had the AA Breakdown come out today and he worked on it with a lot of lubricant but ultimately said that the gear selector has gone. He wasn't able to do much with it to be honest. Has anyone experienced this? The clutch appears to be ok, and it drives ok in 1st and 2nd. I still have no resistance in the gear stick and you can't feel it 'slot' into any gears.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
David

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
If you cannot cycle through the gear pairs (1-2 to 3-4 to 5-6) then odds are either the linkage broke, or it fell off. You will need to remove the battery and tray to inspect those linkages, and remove the shift boot to inspect those linkages. If you are not car savvy I recommend having a mechanic take a peak. Should not take more than 5 minutes to identify the issue.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
@FastReligion sells an awesome rebuild kit for the linkages too.

Great time to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts