Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2013 Nissan Juke (SV, FWD, CVT)
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, chino here

i have this 2013 juke

ive got a bunch of mods like the FR FMIC, 2JR SCD and an eBay SRI (crazy amount of abbreviations) also running no tune right now. only stating this because those might be the cause of some MPG losses.

but back to the original question, how much more aerodynamic are the gator lights?

also based on the picture am i doing more harm than good by having these vents on my car extracting heat?

Registered
Meh follow you're heart! Lol. in the end it is chinos juke. And what we think should not matter. I put a vent on my hood and now at over 130 mph it whistles. Hahaha ha 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Meh follow you're heart! Lol. in the end it is chinos juke. And what we think should not matter. I put a vent on my hood and now at over 130 mph it whistles. Hahaha ha 馃槅
thats true but my mpgs are sitting at low 22鈥檚 for city and about 33 or so for highway. 10 gal tanks are WACK lmaoo

Registered
I also made a plastic splitter that when I'm on freeway literally what to tear my bottom half of bumper off. And some stick on canard for good measure. What I'm trying to say is just have fun and don't hurt anyone in the process.

Attachments

Registered
Join the club

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I also made a plastic splitter that when I'm on freeway literally what to tear my bottom half of bumper off. And some stick on canard for good measure. What I'm trying to say is just have fun and don't hurt anyone in the process.
i got you man, definitely gonna keep doing racecar **** in the safest way i know how lol

Super Moderator
street legality of removing the gators and front turn signals aside... I would guess you have more drag due to the huge pockets where air is being forced through (in or out of the engine bay).

Someone recently did testing with a magnehelic gauge (Where is the high and low pressure? Fun with the...) and there's some surprising results with the air flow and the pressure on, around, behind, and under the hood, along the windshield, and bumper and wheel wells. Removing the gators more than likely changes all that up. Is it for the better? or worse? no idea, but my guess is the gators play into aerodynamics quite a bit.

Registered

Registered
There's no need for that...let the guy do his own thing. If people didn't experiment where would the world be?
In a bunch of accidents and/or hospitals cuz no one had indicators or safety equipment. People did experiment, and those scientists and engineers determined that certain lighting and safety equipment on vehicles should be manditory in the best interest of public health.

Super Moderator
External CVT cooler is the way to go.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
In a bunch of accidents and/or hospitals cuz no one had indicators or safety equipment. People did experiment, and those scientists and engineers determined that certain lighting and safety equipment on vehicles should be manditory in the best interest of public health.
you say that like im not gonna put turn signals back in it lol. or have brian build me some retrofit headlights with a switchback.

but if i really want to get on your nerves i could just say 鈥渉ey man i live in florida, turn signals are essentially optional down here鈥 LMAO

Registered
You won't get on my nerves because I live in florida as well and see it everytime I drive. That's one of the reasons I have this opinion.

Most drivers are confident in their own abilities, but fail to recognize that ALL the other drivers on the road pose the biggest risk. You might be able to drive really well, but that distracted mom with a starbucks in hand and a pair of loud kids in the backseat might need to see that blinker some day. Is it worth it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
You won't get on my nerves because I live in florida as well and see it everytime I drive. That's one of the reasons I have this opinion.

Most drivers are confident in their own abilities, but fail to recognize that ALL the other drivers on the road pose the biggest risk. You might be able to drive really well, but that distracted mom with a starbucks in hand and a pair of loud kids in the backseat might need to see that blinker some day. Is it worth it?
we could go all day about hypotheticals man, appreciate the concern tho

Premium Member
Do some measurements, rather than assuming. But a few thoughts on the gators: It is likely that they direct air away from the mirrors, which are a major source of drag. From a downforce/lift reduction perspective, air spilling off the sides of the hood and down the fenders to fill in wheel wake will create lift. The gators likely help keep more air on the hood. There are aerodynamic gains to be made, but it isn't easy to without doing some work. Nissan engineers are using advanced CFD and wind tunnels, rather than guessing-- it takes work to make real improvements. If you want extraction, look for a low pressure area. If you want to have an intake, look for high pressure. Use wool tufts to help see flow and turbulence. Many people guess and actually make things worse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts