Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine blew up, Basically tossed on a big turbo (subaru 16g) on, then it ran out of oil (numerous reasons) and a rod went through the block, moving forward.......

I need a to do a full engine swap, so any detailed help, links forum post videos anything is a massive help, I've done an engine swap on a sb 350 so I know what I'm getting into but I need all info possible while I source a new engine

Its a 2014 base awd nissan juke with 80k miles, any help at all is greatly appreciated, anything that I should also maintenance while it's out would help as well (I plan on changing the idler pulley and belt since it squeaked alittle and it's a ***** job) (also a list of gaskets I'll need would help I will do a oil pan and valve cover on whatever engine I get just because)

Thanks so much in advance from anyone who gives any help, I'm not here to focus on my broken engine I need a new one working, yes I'm aware of the cvt situation but I don't have the funds to focus on the transmission atm (I will be changing the filter while it's drained and I do already run a cooler for it) I don't have the funds to change both of them atm, again thanks so much for any help at all

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
The good news is there should be decent availability of both short and long blocks. You have a gen 1 engine which is used in every trim level Juke 2011-2014 and the Nismo RS 2015+. Replace the oil feed line to the turbo or at least verify good oil flow through it. You already know about the belt tensioner. Check your other pulleys as the alternator or A/C compressor have been known to seize.

there’s a few engine removal threads on the forum that might have info on gaskets or seals you’ll need. It all comes down to if you plan to get just a short block and swap everything over or get a long block and swap just some accessories.

As swift said, grab the factory service manuals as they provide step by step directions and diagrams. Use any of the online Nissan parts stores to get part numbers and pretty good prices if you want to stick to OEM. good luck!

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
135 Posts
Is the engine in the juke only used in the juke? (Sorry forgot the model of the engine)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You’ll want the entire engine gasket kit, about $176. Also, I’d rebuild the head on any used engine. New cometic head gasket, head bolts. Plus new oil pump, water pump, and timing chain.

I’d suggest doing the legwork and going on Nissanpartsdirect.com and reviewing the exploded parts lists and see what you might want to replace.

Really this all depends on your budget.

If you are just dropping the used engine in, I suppose a video might help. But on a rebuild, you absolutely will need the service manual.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Is the engine in the juke only used in the juke? (Sorry forgot the model of the engine)
The second gen MR16DDT is used in the Sentra. As far as I know, the first gen MR16DDT is only used in the Juke (and maybe some European models). The short block is the same between the two generations. It’s just the accessories and some of the intake/exhaust manifold stuff that’s different between the generations on the long block.

Reactions: MyNameIsLoop

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
Here is the best you can get.......

Reactions: MyNameIsLoop
1 - 7 of 7 Posts