Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The dude speaketh and the 13 listeneth.

Thanks for the advice! I'll look into that stuff. Oil change this weekend so good timing on the tidbit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had same thing Happen. Turned out it was a faulty EFI Relay. 2 weeks Nissan had it. Never fixed it. My Mechanic fixed it in 1 day

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Awesome write up!
I will definitely refer back to this down the road.
I wonder if there are any injector guys here in Dallas?
Definitely a fan of the print out showing before and after performance on the #3 injector.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru WRX STI
713 Posts
Amazing how much stuff you have to take off just to get to the injectors.

·
Administrator
12,143 Posts
Plugs are easy but you still gotta remove stuff.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I wonder if there are any injector guys here in Dallas?
If you don't mind sending your injectors to Idaho I've used this guy;

Mr. Injector

Good service, decent price, clear before and after flow report that includes measured resistance of each injector. Includes new hardware like seals, caps, etc. And he tosses in a few Jolly Rancher candies.

Ooops - he doesn't do GDI injectors....

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Just creeping around in the long long agoes and wanted to bump dis **** up because it's an amazing coming of age drama.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
lol this isn't even the original 'coming of age' drama... the ORIGINAL thread ended up being a ton of pages and documented the whole experience buying the car and getting the runaround from the dealership and the mechanics about why it was fubar off the lot.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe you’ve heard the news: The Juke is direct injected. That means that gasoline (you know, that smelly explosive stuff) goes right into the engine’s cylinder where it gets lit on fire by a miniscule spark of electricity from one of your spark plugs. This causes a boom that moves your piston and makes Jukeys fun to drive. However, these booms also leave tiny bits of carbon deposit waste behind inside the cylinder. And as your mileage goes up, the thickness of carbon residue on your fuel injectors will as well. Especially if you use lower grades of gasoline.

The Nissan dealership has stated to me that the Juke fuel injectors are infallible but a small amount of internet research on the topic will speak to the contrary. I hope to shed some factual evidence on the matter right now.

If this service will be required/suggested on your Juke is certainly open to debate as there are many factors to consider. How does it drive now, how long do you intend to keep it, how much do you love it, are you going to expect higher-than-average performance out of this motor, etc etc.

As a related sidenote, I would like to state that I have had a recurring P-0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire code since I originally purchased the vehicle one year ago. I had the head rebuilt to replace a burnt exhaust valve immediately after buying Jukeys but the issue never went away as the original cause of the burnt valve (running lean due to a dirty fuel injector) was not addressed. So I was not surprised when the code reappeared 4 months after the rebuild but the mechanics had proven to hit their limit of expertise and were no longer involved in the troubleshooting and diagnosis. In other words: they were notoriously unimpressive problem solvers.

That being said, if you experience a cylinder misfire code (P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304), and you have confirmed good spark plug, good compression, good fuel pressure, and good coil pack (all essentially free tests you can rule out one step at a time), then your next peek-a-boo should be pulling these fuel injectors and having them serviced. I did this process at 99k miles, however the misfire code had been prevalent (and ignored) significantly before I purchased the car at 75k miles. Therefore I cannot definitively or conclusively say WHEN you should perform this or even IF you will benefit from this service. I know it helped my situation and believe that it will most likely help with yours as well.
I'm having a recurring number two misfire. Originally it was the PCV valve hose leaking oil into the number two well fouling the plug/ coil. Now I seem to have the same issue but I have low compression in that cylinder. The rest are fine.
I feel this is dirty injectors causing issue... I'm working on the vehicle currently.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
New Bosch DI injectors are available from Rock Auto for $125 total. I'd skip the cleaning and buy them new.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Super Moderator
2,367 Posts
New Bosch DI injectors are available from Rock Auto for $125 total. I'd skip the cleaning and buy them new.
Do they come with the white ring gaskets? The ones the FSM say require a specialized gasket tool.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
They come complete with everything: injector, teflon seal, & viton o-ring. Exact same Bosch factory P/N stamped as the Nissan injectors....without the Nissan logo.
I'm putting my order maybe next week.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
So.....Bosch Injectors are on backorder basically everywhere until further notice. I got the last (3) injectors from Rock Auto and now I have to order (1) very expensive Nissan Injector to get the complete set. I went to (2) other places selling them and they are essentially drop shipping from Bosch even though they stated they had them stocked. Those places had to refund my order(s).

RockAuto are saying they are discontinued which is technically incorrect. They are currently on backorder from Bosch so hopefully they will start shipping again at some point.
I would not buy any Injector that wasn't OE so whatever Standard Products or Reman injectors I wouldn't trust on my vehicle. Ugh.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The Bosch 62829 fuel Injector I received from Rock Auto have stamped: 0 260 500 090. This injector is labeled for the Juke 2010-2014 but I've seen them with 0 260 500 092 number instead in a few pictures online. The OE Nissan Juke fuel Injector I have shows 0 260 500 092. Typically Bosch use the last 3 digits as the flow rating.

I don't know what happened, but these are not the exact replacement for the Juke so I would be cautious.
I'm now going to have to re-order Nissan OEM fuel injectors as I can't the risk and these will probably get returned or I might send them out for flow testing later.

·
Administrator
12,143 Posts
The Bosch 62829 fuel Injector I received from Rock Auto have stamped: 0 260 500 090. This injector is labeled for the Juke 2010-2014 but I've seen them with 0 260 500 092 number instead in a few pictures online. The OE Nissan Juke fuel Injector I have shows 0 260 500 092. Typically Bosch use the last 3 digits as the flow rating.

I don't know what happened, but these are not the exact replacement for the Juke so I would be cautious.
I'm now going to have to re-order Nissan OEM fuel injectors as I can't the risk and these will probably get returned or I might send them out for flow testing later.
Would a set of matching Bosch work as well even if the flow rating is different than OEM ?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Might be. What I’m saying is that Bosch boxed the wrong injectors for the Juke that they sent to Rock Auto or this is what they’ve been shipping for awhile.

I’m not sure I’d risk the potential flow reduction but I’m not chancing it myself right now. If the Bosch are the same ID code then it’s not a problem. THe ID dictates the flow rating.

Sloppy packaging by Bosch is what might have happened.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts