Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know from experience or have a theory about how much the different driving modes might impact fuel economy?

I know there is a range given for city and highway that varies based upon transmission and AWD, but, for instance do you exceed that efficiency if you are on ECO mode for a 400 mile straight drive? Do you come in much worse if you leave it in sport while you do city miles?

Or do the the driving modes (Normal, Sport, Eco) have such a limited impact on the engine that any variation would fall within the normal fuel economy range... i.e. it's not going to be worse than the lowest 'city miles' number in SPORT.... nor is it going to be more efficient than the best 'highway miles' number in ECO mode??

Anyone have thoughts? Experience with their Juke?

Chris

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think I'm going to run an experiment where I do a full tank in Eco, a full tank in Normal, and a full tank in sport and get the numbers.

Not exactly scientific, but any extremes one way or the other should be telling.

Just from my experience, the red-line shifting of the sport mode would naturally chew up more gas if you're pushing your car hard through the first few gears. The Eco mode in general almost feels like it disables the turbo...noticeably sluggish off the line and accelerating in comparison to normal or sport modes.

I just may give my experiment a go...but it's going to take 3 tanks of gas to complete, and I've still got half a tank to chew through.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd think AWD in sport mode would use the most gas per mile.

I'll probably stay in economy for the majority of my driving, sport when people are in the car with me and I want to show off a little, and AWD for when I see snow/ice on the ground.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Speaking of "range" can someone with a window sticker post the EPA rated range? The numbers that get posted to sites just show the average. Should be in smaller numbers below the big average number.

i.e. 24-41 highway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts