Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I just buy 2014 CVT Midnight version. It's like new with 80k km. Super good. Love the Car But. Fuel consumption is strange. On the dashboard, it's saying is using 15l/100km.
That's too much for a 1.6l Engine in normal driving mode. On the smaller display (ICOM) that strange graphic is showing it's using 6-8l/100km. What is correct? Am super confused.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Calculating it from fillup to fillup is correct.

Cycle through the display with the button behind the steering wheel, below the gauges until you hit trip "A". Hold the button down to reset the trip to 0. Fill up your tank. Drive until you need another fillup. When you fill it up, compare trip "A" distance vs the amount of fuel you used. Distance divided by fluid = usage. Reset trip A again and repeat for your next tank. This will vary from tank to tank, but will be 100% accurate.

Once that has been determined, you can compare vs what the displays say.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You should average 8.5-11 l/100km. Keep in mind that this a US based forum and I am converting from MPG.

The ICon display reads 2 MPG higher than actual for me. I am usually around 20-22 mpg and the ICon shows 22-24.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
On a 4600km road trip a few years back I averaged 9.28 and that was based on every gas receipt and mileage logged... true numbers. I think my display showed 8.8l/100km or something. ALSO, I'm tuned and was pretty heavy on the throttle at times - still got <10

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started measuring but now I have problem with tank size. Graphic on dashboard is devised in to 4 sections. Had one full section and with 30l made it to full tank. By logic thats tank of 40l. But spec on internet shows that tank is 50l. Lol. In 85km manage to spend 2 lines in side one section.

·
Administrator
12,520 Posts
Zero your trip odometer.

Fill up.

Drive for a while.

Fill up again.

Divide miles driven by gallons filled.

you are making it more complicated than it is.

Reactions: slumberbunny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So I have finished testing. Damn it's 14l/100km ( 16MPG ). It's ridiculous. I was driving it at max 2k-2.5k RPM. The car is in extra good condition. Basically like new. They have made all services every 10km in Agency... What Might be the cause for such crazy consumption?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Yeah, that is exceptionally low. Here are a few things that might help (no guarantee!)

Clean air filter
Use better gasoline (premium 93, no ethanol)
Carbon treatment (commonly called seaform treatment. The dealership can perform for $200USD or less)
CVT fluid change
Transmission software update

Of all of those, the carbon treatment is probably your best bet. Have the dealership do it, or a mechanic you trust, who will warranty the engine if something goes wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts