Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a Juke Tekna 2016 CVT.My front doors keyless entry buttons do not work anymore.The boot keyless entry button works just fine.On unlocking the front door with the physical key the alarm starts.I have tried the spare key as well,same issue.I have replaced the FOB baterry,still having the same issue.
If anyone has run into the same problem and has a fix please advise.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Do you have two FOBs ?

It is possible the FOB door button broke.

Something is confusing the BCM. Try resetting by disconnecting the battery negative.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do next weekend ,I can't afford do have the car not starting during the week.Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done the baterry disconnecting thing,left disconnected it for half an hour,did not do anything.I will give the fuse box a look but I am not too sure which one is the one for the door button.

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Last thing to try is a Brand new FOB battery meaning go out and buy an Energizer or Duracell. Make sure you are using the correct size. Like 2032 is the same size as 2025 but it will not work correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely not the FOB.As for the new baterry,already done that.I am going to have a look around the fuse box this afternoon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to clear any confusion,it is not the FOB buttons that do not work , it's the actual buttons on the door handle.These are supposed to open the doors when pressed if you have the FOB nearby.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK,just finished checking all the fuses, everything all right,no blown fuses.Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
New FOB batteries can be dead or the wrong size as stated. You gotta swap to be sure.

I assume the car starts no matter where the key is in the car as long as it is near by the driver ?

Have you gone through the ICON settings menu ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah,car starts all right but it' s not the FOB baterry ,as I said boot door works fine when I press the button( the one that is on the boot door) it knows the key is nearby and it opens with no problem,so I am assuming the problem is with the front doors only.If it was the FOB malfunctioning it would not work on the boot door either.The only setting that there is in the menu is for the selective door unlock and that has nothing to do with the keyless entry door buttons.
I might take it to a Nissan dealership when I will have some time off,maybe they know what the issue is.I n my opinio it has to be something wrong with the physical buttons,maybe they are just broke .

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Thats what I was saying.

Try to switch the selective lock unlock and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Well I am out of ideas.

Nissan can see codes using Consult that wont show up with regular readers or on your dash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New developments ...We've had below freezing temperatures the other night,car was frozen solid this morning,all of the sudden the buttons are working.When I left work temperatures were well over freezing buttons not working again.I figured it's because the door was not frozen shut so I pushed on the door handle while pushing the button ,it worked.Now everytime I want to open the door I push on the door handle and button at the same time and it seems to do the trick.
Any thoughts in this?

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Door striker is not adjusted correctly ? Pushing on the handle pushes the door in.

I assume the driver door only works with the method.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe,but to be honest I don't plan to mess about with it anymore,I am happy it works.
Thank you for all your help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts