Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Customers are more educated and demanding now in those car markets, Ford just simply cannot compete. Look at the new Accord and Camry how the heck is the Fusion going to compete against those cars.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Their trucks/SUV are the only thing I would consider from them. I would never buy one though. My kids mom got a leftover 2015 fully loaded focus for 20K in early 2016 but it has that crappy 6 speed dual clutch power shift transmission. Needless to say it's now worth 6K. And drives like crap.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Their trucks/SUV are the only thing I would consider from them. I would never buy one though. My kids mom got a leftover 2015 fully loaded focus for 20K in early 2016 but it has that crappy 6 speed dual clutch power shift transmission. Needless to say it's now worth 6K. And drives like crap.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I got burned to the tune of $5k for the DCT trans blowing up on my Focus. I then got burned again on the massive depreciation on trade in. I only bought the DCT so the wife would be able to drive it as well, and then she barely drove it :( Note: Ford treated me with utter disrespect when I was nothing but polite. I will not buy another Ford.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
That kind of decision is manufacturing suicide and shows lack of short term memory from Ford.

What's going to happen again when gas prices rocket past $4/gallon? People are going to dump their SUV and trucks for fuel efficient cars again and Ford is going to be stuck with a 99% truck/SUV portfolio and no one visiting their dealerships to buy cars because who wants to buy a Mustang for fuel economy when fuel prices are that high?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Father in law (master tech with Toyota) said that every time gas goes up, they can't sell the bigger engined vehicles at all. V6s are no go zones when prices are high for example. The public perception of an SUV is bad gas mileage, so perception would have to change.

Fact is... SUVs are still heavier and take more gas to run than a sedan even with the same engine.

Not sure it is suicide, but it is gonna take a MASSIVE advertising campaign to promote fuel efficient SUVs and trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
The guy probably knows his stuff. They build exquisite cars. Just none of the Toyotas speak to me personally. Interesting point about the inverse relationship between gas prices and SUV/big car/truck sales. Just like in the 90s when SUVs were making their splash there was a ton of public backlash about them being gas-guzzlers. I dont have any data to back this up. but it seems like Ford is really starting to lose their footing with a lot of demographics. Its a bold move for sure.

Father in law (master tech with Toyota) said that every time gas goes up, they can't sell the bigger engined vehicles at all. V6s are no go zones when prices are high for example. The public perception of an SUV is bad gas mileage, so perception would have to change.

Fact is... SUVs are still heavier and take more gas to run than a sedan even with the same engine.

Not sure it is suicide, but it is gonna take a MASSIVE advertising campaign to promote fuel efficient SUVs and trucks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ugh this just means not versa... haha jk but yeah this is very true. Ford all about that eco boost life now. My parents just got a new Ford Explorer eco boost not to bad. And the aluminum chassis f-150 isn’t as big of a hit as intended. When they first came out I’m like hmmm that’s a good idea. Living in central pa seeing nothing but ppl driving their trucks never towing or hauling anything in the back thinking why would you waste the gas using a truck if ur not going to use it for the intended purpose.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
We sold my wife's versa and got her an accord. That thing got redonkulous gas mileage. But my god was it slow. And boring. And lame. It took like 7 seconds for anything to make it to the wheels.

And yes. More pictures of your car!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I’ll have to take some and right. I hated the versa recalls on part waiting period. Had customer Versas for 3 months while they were in our loaners. So many dead batterys nbd but then you have the customers that complain that their 05 versa with 220k miles that u had for the past 3 months door hand trim fell off... like come on

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I’ll have to take some and right. I hated the versa recalls on part waiting period. Had customer Versas for 3 months while they were in our loaners. So many dead batterys nbd but then you have the customers that complain that their 05 versa with 220k miles that u had for the past 3 months door hand trim fell off... like come on
We had 39 Versas at one point during the height of the airbag recall. Dead batteries and a few had rodent damage. That was interesting in getting approval for new harnesses.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Cause of damage/failure: freaking rats, man. Rats.

Our Versa never had any problems, but it was just a very uninspired car. Good little car for a student probably, but the CVT rubberbanding was way worse that the Juke's and the Juke's is pretty bad with the stock pulley. Getting on the highway as nerveracking as hell. 6000rpms in 5th gear and you're still only going 45 mph haha.

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
A Brick with 4 wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I love my wife's 2015 Versa Note SR. Once you figure out how to anticipate accelerating before hills it's not too bad. It's a blast to hoon in the mountain twisties though. I can see why Nissan Japan offers a Note Nismo and Note Nismo S as the handling basics are there. If Nissan USA offered the Note Nismo S here with the 5-speed it would be my daily driver. Nismo Japan offers more parts for the Note Nismo than they for the Juke and 370Z combined.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I can see that. And once you learn how to drive it, the acceleration thing isn't THAT bad. If it had been a nicer trim package (ours was an SV) I probably would've liked it more.

I almost enjoyed the Sentra I rented last week. Make me appreciate the turbo and the upgraded pulley on my Juke way more. But I had a lot of fun going home and treating the outside perimeter of the mall as a rally track. I ran that poor thing through the gauntlet. If I didnt already own and love my Juke I would strongly consider a Sentra Nismo.

I love my wife's 2015 Versa Note SR. Once you figure out how to anticipate accelerating before hills it's not too bad. It's a blast to hoon in the mountain twisties though. I can see why Nissan Japan offers a Note Nismo and Note Nismo S as the handling basics are there. If Nissan USA offered the Note Nismo S here with the 5-speed it would be my daily driver. Nismo Japan offers more parts for the Note Nismo than they for the Juke and 370Z combined.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We almost got 2015 Note SR over the Juke but found the Note a little sluggish but if the Note Nismo was sold in North America that would be damn tempting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its actually not set for sure that the Fusion is going. It's very tentative. Focus will stay. Fiesta is going from NA as they they are not profitable but those sell like crazy i Europe so theyll stay there. So really not a huge move..

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fusion is garbage do the world a favor and get rid of it. Look at a Accord, Camry, Mazda 6 why would you touch a Fusion.

Its actually not set for sure that the Fusion is going. It's very tentative. Focus will stay. Fiesta is going from NA as they they are not profitable but those sell like crazy i Europe so theyll stay there. So really not a huge move..

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
Fusion Hybrid is excellent.

Fusion Sport is not too shabby as well. That car tunes really well. No different that the Juke. Turbo ftw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts