Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you pre-ordering, keeping in touch with your dealer, what? Do you expect dealers to have enough choice between October to December for a decent selection? Or do you think you MUST "build your own" to get the car you want. I'm uncertain how many Jukes we are actually going to get in this time frame.

I know they have a "reserve the Juke" feature on the website (but that's not actually ordering the car, I don't think), but I'm reluctant to use it. Wouldn't that put a buyer in a less-favorable position, by letting the dealer know you're desperately interested in the car?

I'm torn.

·
Registered
447 Posts
are you pre-ordering, keeping in touch with your dealer, what? Do you expect dealers to have enough choice between October to December for a decent selection? Or do you think you MUST "build your own" to get the car you want. I'm uncertain how many Jukes we are actually going to get in this time frame.

I know they have a "reserve the Juke" feature on the website (but that's not actually ordering the car, I don't think), but I'm reluctant to use it. Wouldn't that put a buyer in a less-favorable position, by letting the dealer know you're desperately interested in the car?

I'm torn.
My background is in marketing and advertising, have attended 2-3 marketing Q&As for Nissan (i saw the 370z a year before anyone else!) so I think I can explain the 'lead form' on Nissan's website (which I have used).

Any decent marketing team wouldn't assume any lead generated by this form would be someone "desperate" for the car, especially this one, which they knew was going to be a Niche product when they decided to bring it here, so much so, that Nissan considered forming a youth/enthusiast oriented brand (e.g. Toyota's Scion brand) for this and 2 other new vehicles -- one which became the Cube.

What happens when you enter your info on that list, is that info is forwarded to a local dealer (which you pick in the process of 'reserving' your Juke) and then that dealership contacts you by your preferred method - phone or email (also picked by the user). This just gives a dealership a list of people to contact when the Juke is in, knowing you have interest in the car, and probably assuming you have interest in negotiating a price under MSRP.

So go for it, the worst case scenario is that the dealership's internet sales rep is a jerk and you go to a different dealership. No harm done.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Helpful! thanks. Do you see any actual advantage for the buyer to do it this way, as opposed to just waiting until the cars come into the dealerships, and then contacting them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
In my case I'm going to gamble and wait. Until I've actually driven one and hear some stories I don't see the need to jump on it that fast. It's quite possible by the time I do the selection will be limited but I'm not going to buy under pressure just because what might happen. In my life I've had way to many cars I at first was sold on and then actually drive and within a few minutes realized I wasn't so in love with it. With it being in it's first year makes me want to wait longer.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Helpful! thanks. Do you see any actual advantage for the buyer to do it this way, as opposed to just waiting until the cars come into the dealerships, and then contacting them?
I'm getting mine in Portland, Oregon. The culture here is conducive to the Juke -- quirky and original is very popular. Plenty of Souls and Cubes and other unique cars on the road. That, and AWD here is very popular because of our long rainy season. So it makes sense to kinda get in on that list early where I live. But I'd imagine that isn't the case for the majority of the country.

That being said, it is aggressively priced and you get a LOT for your money, and that might be popular in this economic climate. Its your call. Your dealer may have a good week and sell all of them, or they may be on the lot for awhile.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you're already set on buying this car then definitely use the form. In the end the ball is in your court anyway since you have the money. If the you don't like what the dealer offered you simply go to another dealer and tell them what the other dealership was offering you and tell them to give you a better deal if they want your business. Just keep repeating til you get an offer you like. The time and gas you spend doing this usually ends up being offset by the deal you're getting.

However if you're still not sure about it then definitely wait til the first set of Juke's arrive.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I went to vist my Nissan dealer this afternoon, he told me that his store had one for dealers a few days ago. I remember calling up a month ago and telling them to call me if this were to ever happen, they didn't.

The same guy told me that the first shipment is expected in a few weeks, hope he isn't pulling another fast one on me.

I will look at it and see if it is worth buying, if not I'll look at the Rogue.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Rogue is a nice car. Drives very smooth, and has nice compromises in size, engine, and goodies. But it is a mommy car. The Juke is much smaller, and better perhaps for a solo like me. And of course, mo' power and verve.

Still, there is that bigger cargo area in the Rogue. And the AWD Juke sacrifices the underneath storage area, and the Rogue has a really nice one that pops up and already has the little compartments in it for groceries.

Also, your dealer sounds like they don't know when the car will be in either.

I may wait until December to buy (if I can stand to wait that long). More deals, perhaps at Christmastime, and that gives time for the initial rush to be over.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did go ahead and fill out the "reserve" thing. My local dealer responded, and asked:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are interested in one, please give me a color and trim level that you would be interested in so that I can make sure to order one for you. There would be no obligation on your part. I just want to get a feel of what the public would be interested in.[/FONT]
This is good, because I'm pretty picky, and I let him know what I was looking at (white, black, graphite blue, electric blue, with red interior accents; either the FWD with manual, or AWD/CVT combo. Top level trim).

So by doing this, maybe I'll be able to get what I want without too much hassle. We'll see.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did go ahead and fill out the "reserve" thing. My local dealer responded, and asked:

This is good, because I'm pretty picky, and I let him know what I was looking at (white, black, graphite blue, electric blue, with red interior accents; either the FWD with manual, or AWD/CVT combo. Top level trim).

So by doing this, maybe I'll be able to get what I want without too much hassle. We'll see.
give him a really hard one to find. like a manual transmission and awd combo. hahaha. its good that he contacted you. might as well give him the color and combo you want so you dont have to worry about it too much. like he said, theres no obligation to buy it anyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My experience

• I filled out the form on the Nissan Juke site on 8/11.
  • I got a reply from my local Nissan dealer on 8/12.
  • He asked my preferences -- I told him it had to be SL-AWD in either Red, Black, or Graphite Blue. He said he wouldn't be able to choose or specifically order, but he'd keep me informed when he's told what they are sending him.
  • On 9/2, I got an email from him telling me he should know how many cars and what colors he's getting within 10 days.
  • Today (9/7), he informed me that he is initially getting 2 units -- a silver S, and a red SL-AWD (which was on my list!). So he asked me for a deposit and it is mine if I want it. He expects it in "early October" -- said it should be no problem to have it by my lease-end date of 10/10. If not, he'd give me a car to drive until the Juke arrives.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
useful info! and exciting for you! Did you specify the interior color etc.?

I don't know if I want to put a deposit down on a specific car without seeing them first. I need to see the colors in person.

·
Registered
447 Posts
  • I filled out the form on the Nissan Juke site on 8/11.
  • I got a reply from my local Nissan dealer on 8/12.
  • He asked my preferences -- I told him it had to be SL-AWD in either Red, Black, or Graphite Blue. He said he wouldn't be able to choose or specifically order, but he'd keep me informed when he's told what they are sending him.
  • On 9/2, I got an email from him telling me he should know how many cars and what colors he's getting within 10 days.
  • Today (9/7), he informed me that he is initially getting 2 units -- a silver S, and a red SL-AWD (which was on my list!). So he asked me for a deposit and it is mine if I want it. He expects it in "early October" -- said it should be no problem to have it by my lease-end date of 10/10. If not, he'd give me a car to drive until the Juke arrives.
Wow my lease ends the same day... :)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got the word from "my" dealer today: "will receive 3 Jukes in the middle of next month."

getting closer!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm the cautious type... paticularly with a brand new car model; my preference will be to wait 6 months before procuring to see the feedback and let kinks (and TSBs) be worked out should there be any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also in Italy are continually postponing the arrival of the Juke dealers, I want to create a climate of impatient waiting interested in purchasing the "status symbol" (instead of having to make favorable opening offers) you risk .... not coldly assess any design flaws.
Pay attention ... do not buy sight unseen, we see the first article and consider its strengths and weaknesses.
Then we treat the price of used to be served without yielding.
Look at that huge sales with the goal of having at least here in Italy do not have much to do the hard ...... and the money we have

1 - 20 of 20 Posts