Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work I hear, "Thump, thump,Thump, thump,Thump, thump,Thump, thump. No tire pressure light. I stop and (I guess it was on the bottom.) do a walk around and see nothing. Drive another 200 feet, Thump, thump thump.
Pull over and see this.
That is a big piece of tie wire there. On the up side, I cannot remember the last time I changed a tire on the side of the road on my own car.
AND a while back I bought a socket and breaker bar and stowed it in the hole.
Question, does anyone know of a stowable improvement on the scissor jack?
Having a head lamp (Pelican 2760C) and a pair of gloves in the car made it a pretty simple task, even on the side of the road at 0500.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Wood Tread Font Artifact

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Wheel

Wood Road surface Grey Automotive tire Rectangle

Hood Grille Automotive tire Trunk Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
A plug kit might serve you better. I have not seen fix a flat work on car tires, and I have seen quite a few. You may want to get a DC compressor too if you want to get back on the road with the repaired tire and not the pizza cutter.

Fix a flat maybe, might, kinda, sorta, potentially, slow a pinhole leak. Other that that, its pretty useless, and makes it REALLY REALLY hard on the person doing proper repair at a tire shop.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Exactly. Plug will work extremely well if you do it correctly. Recommended to patch the inside as well but I have never done it and never had a plug fail even at speeds that will remain top secret. Fix-a-flat I have never tried and never will. I might hold the record for plugs in a single tire....6x....lol.

Don't think you will find a more compact lifting device than a scissor jack. I'm looking at the air bladder jacks and the air compressor/bottle jack combo. For simple jobs I actually prefer a scissor jack at home and leave the hydraulic jack in the corner of the garage.

Reactions: redBack_juke

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
FixAFlat specifically says on the can it is for temporary usage only. It was never intended to be, nor has it ever been considered to be, a permanent solution. It is worth having on hand if you don't have a spare tire. And it should only be used to drive to get a new replacement tire.

Reactions: redBack_juke
1 - 6 of 6 Posts