Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked the Juke and went to the dealership today. I knew the 1.2 was released last year but having just bought a 1.2 Micra for hubby, I really wanted a 1.6 petrol Juke for myself. It would mean that we would have one more powerful car for longer journeys.

I was told at the dealership that the only 1.6 petrol Juke available is the Turbo and I'm not that keen.
The Salesman told me the 1.2 is a great car, really moves well and can handle all that the 1.6 could handle. He said the 1.2 was a better engine.

I don't want a diesel because my mileage is low( just trading in a 56 plate with less than 30k on the clock)

so my question is, am I being fed a line?
and
what is a 1.2 like on hills?

any thoughts/ advices gratefully received

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Most of the members here are from the US, so we only get the 1.6 Turbo. I can't see the 1.2 diesel performing as well as the 1.6 turbo. The 1.2 will probably get better mileage since it's smaller & it's a diesel, but the 1.6 will run circles around it in the performance department. So you have to decide, do you want better gas mileage or do you want something that is fun to drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.

I guess given my low mileage and the fact that most of my driving is around town the Turbo just doesn't seem to fit my needs, I just don't like the idea of not having confidence of easily getting up hills in a 1.2.

I'm taking the 1.2 out on a test drive on Saturday, I have warned them that I want to give a decent run on some country roads and not just around the back streets so I guess I will just have to see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts