Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

So I've been lurking around this site for the last couple of months looking at all the information about the juke, and I have been very interested in getting this as my next car.

This past weekend, my friend decided to pick up a new Rogue, so I tagged along. Lo behold! They had jukes in stock (Both the Alhambra and El Monte location in Los Angeles, CA)!!! One had a couple of 6spd S models and a CVT S model, and the other location had 1 6spd SL bronze with a few CVTs. I did not see any additional dealer mark ups in the final price. the SL 6spd came out to be a little under $24k

I must say, it looks really nice in person. I guess the best way to describe it is that is makes sense. The lines are the car shouts out unique and fun.

Sat in both the S model and the SL model. What really impressed me was the interior feel of the SL. The leather seats, in my opinion, are really nice. The quality of it is almost on par with lexus and infiniti. It's super comfortable, and the red trim on it is subtle. The leather doesn't feel like it will get hot too much in the summer as it is quite porous. My friend who's around 5' 3" said that the back seat is actually quite comfortable. Test drove the S only, so can't say anything about the GPS / Rearview Camera, but the GPS screen feels somewhat small. I'm curious as to the functionality of GPS due to the screen size.

Driving the Juke was a blast. The clutch feels very light (almost too light) compared to the chevy pick up I'm used to drive. Shifts smoothly, and didn't feel the need to find a short shifter. Turbo kicks in nicely, and gently without a big lag. It does sit higher than a sedan, but the front view is very clear, and allows maximum stability.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 on the juke. I am waiting until the beginning of next year, probably right after tax time, to pick up this little baby up. Hopefully by that time I can negotiate a good price for it. Although for under $24k, this car offers A LOT for my money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem!

Right now, my friends all have nissans...

Xterra, Murano, Rogue, now they tell me they're waiting for my Juke to complete the majority of the Nissan CUV/SUV models (except the Pathfinder and Armada).

HAHA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would have had to have been an SV to get the manual. You can't get one on the base car.
Oh yeah, you're right...the SV.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got a chance to look at one today. It was the gunmetal silver with SV and AWD.
The color looks good and would be my pick. The motor is quite peppy which impressed me but I think that is because it is using boost frequently. It remains to be seen if that has any effect on the engine durability. Brakes and handling were great. The spare is a steel wheel and it is not full size but it is still larger than the FWD spare so there is no room for the tray we have seen pictures of. Instead there are a couple of foam blocks with pockets to fit in the small amount of side room left. I checked if there was a way to add a hitch and there are a couple of holes in the frame side members that should work but probably not good for more than a 1000 lbs or so. I aske about how to upgrade the GPS maps and the salesman showed me that it has a SD card for putting the latest maps on. He did not know if Nissan would charge for that. He also demonstrated the traffic updates through the XM radio. That was cool.
It felt very comfortable getting in which is an issue for those older drivers who do not like to have to twist and drop to get into a car. It felt much like my PT in getting in and out and the driver height was even better for looking down the road. The mirrors are large and give a great view of the rear lanes
For PT drivers that have been wondering what kind of car to get now that they don't make them anymore this is it.
The SV cloth seats were only OK - I missed having leather so I may wind up getting the SL trim option. I'm thinking getting the FWD for better MPG and less maintenance. PS saw the red one today. It's more of a wine red not a bright red and looks great.
I liked it... now I have to find a buyer for my PT! I'm thinking of waiting for spring and trying to hook a dealer incentive and having more inventory to choose from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts