·
Administrator
12,820 Posts
Now the fun begins

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Working on the rear right now having a bit of apples to oranges moment trying to install the springs. I'll be posting pictures along the way now that I remembered I was supposed to, lol. And a parts list as well as tool list

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
so lets just get this out of the way.
The directions were TRASH!
whew... done.

that said the furstation was so bad that I stopped taking pictures and am not faced with another issue. (i have pictures and WILL upload soon)

what I am concerned about is that in the front... it sounds like I majorly forgot to connect something.
Sound comes from both sides and occurs on the littlest road imperfections. steering still feels tight but damn... sounds unsafe to drive its so bad.
rears are good.
Checked and rechecked EVERYTHING and all is tight.
then I happen to see something
note: had the cluch replaced at a loca shop 2 months ago

tell me, looking at the picture below, could this be the cause of the VERY bad clunking coming from BOTH sides of the car?
its like this on BOTH sides
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust Tread Tire

·
Administrator
12,820 Posts
Is that the sway bar or the control arm "Bent" metal side view ?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Looks like lower control arm bolt not tight or the bushing to x member is shifted

Reactions: jsb03f

·
Registered
251 Posts
Let me guess. On any bump or big dip where the suspension up front is allowed to extend quickly, you here a thump clunk. Like the whole front end fell out of the car...? But nothing dramatic happens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I went under there and tried to tighten and its already balls tight!
tried to get it to the 110 lbs and its already there.
Also tried to jack up the subframe a bit to close the gap and then tighten, still no luck.
any ideas on how to tighten it? DO I need to un connect the front suspension (strut assembly & sway bar) first to properly tighten this?

thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
anyways, here are some pics of the rear install:

RUBBER RING NOW ON TOP as per instructions:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Water Liquid Automotive tire Wheel

RUBBER RING NOW ON TOP as per instructions: I DID install it this way and have to correct
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Hand Blue Nail Automotive tire Finger

Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Plastic bottle Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
this is exactly what's happening!
In my opinion, this is normal. I too have the same thing happen on select bumps and undulations. One is a small pothole and EVERY time its like the passenger front just falls out of the car. At least thats what it sounds like to me. I have looked and inspected and see nothing wrong.

Another spot is a tree root that has lifted the pavement into a small speed bump. This affects both front wheels. Same thing, big ol thunk as the tires decent from the peak of the bump at speed.

These are the two placed that it happens on my little commute and have become used to them. I also get it here and there with similar road features.

Again, my opinion is that it is normal. My theory is that the suspension is design to extend quickly to catch the car when going over these bumps. Thats the only reason I can think that these things would do this.

The suspension is firm and response. When going over any feature that makes the car do this, there is no drama or reason for concern, in terms of handling. Other than the noise, the car is firm, predecible and planted. And I do drive quite aggressively. I have KW V3 on my 240, and they clank around like crazy all the time. I have had the DIY sleeve over kits, and those too would clunk and thum as the spring would unsettle and resettle over speed bumps or drive ways.

This kit ONLY does this clunk thump thing over things where the suspension decompresses quickly. I have stoped worrying about it, though it is not pleasant.

I hope this brings you some piece of mind. I am curious if anyone else with the kit has similar experiences.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have OEM Suspension for a 2013 SV… this is AWD… if they are interchangeable, it’s an option. I put like 300 miles on them before I got bc racing coilovers as a birthday present :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
OKAY found the clunking... the top hat nuts were loose, lol
so we are all good in the front
now got to add that rubber spacer in the back to get rid of some of the rear clunking
BUT
overall... WOW, love them!
amazing ride!
Handling = GREAT
Ride Quality = GREAT
overall, love them!

Here is the car as it sits... wonkie, but will fix shortly :p

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
12,820 Posts
Amazing that the OEM Juke is fun to drive and add decent coil overs and it makes it even Funner.

Reactions: redBack_juke
21 - 40 of 43 Posts