Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'll keep it short and spare you the woe-is-me story.

The skinny is I need new shocks and struts and the OEM rears are on backorder from nissan with no arrival date?
In my search Koni has nothing for the RS, neither does Bilstein... FCS is crap and I won't go coilovers...
which leaves what exactly?

any help is greatly appreciated, I'm new to jukes and still learning.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Administrator
12,804 Posts
Bilstein or BC Racing coilovers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks!
i am seeing that most all of the options are universal to all the juke models... what bout Nismo RS specific?
I'm on the RSR springs and im interested in an OEM or firmer ride?

Suggestions?

·
Administrator
12,804 Posts
BC Coilovers then. They are adjustable and work great on the RS>

·
Administrator
12,804 Posts
You can order different springs. The dampers are adjustable. You can also use 17" rims as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just ordered the Bilstein B14 Suspension set.
it was a toss up between that and the BC... I was curious and prefer non-adjustable because... "not-racecar"

will update with pictures and impressions when the parts come in and I install them.
Bilstein B14 (PSS) (tirerack.com)
View attachment 192021
Let us know what your impressions are of the kit, I'm assuming they will feel be way better than the stock suspension. On a side note, those are adjustable too lol.

Reactions: jsb03f

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let us know what your impressions are of the kit, I'm assuming they will feel be way better than the stock suspension. On a side note, those are adjustable too lol.
Totally will make a full review and adjustable just in ride height! which is perfect ;-) done are the days of dialing in the dampening for me, lol!

·
Administrator
12,804 Posts
They are better than OEM and very good. Maybe even better than BC but as stated BC can adjust for height.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just ordered the Bilstein B14 Suspension set.
it was a toss up between that and the BC... I was curious and prefer non-adjustable because... "not-racecar"

will update with pictures and impressions when the parts come in and I install them.
Bilstein B14 (PSS) (tirerack.com)
View attachment 192021
2012 SL AWD here, and well...
I L O V E mine. For my install I ran them as high as I could. I was not looking for too much of a drop. I was happy with the ride height, and the performance. I also have the STILLEN rear sway bar upgrade.

They are much more firm than OEM, but have a tolerable ride. For me a happy middle for my day to day driving, but still be able to drive agressive to enjoy what the juke is capable of. I get a loud thunk when I go fast over uneven bumps. Not sure if it is because I am at full height which requires some spring preloading. Feels very controlled when the car comes down.

I also run really wide tires at 255 45 17 on a 17x9 wheel. Car feels planted and inspires nothing but confidence. Just don't get too cocky or physics will get the better of you.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with these.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Iʻve been looking at the B14 set as well. Can you confirm that it will still be at least stock height after installation? Iʻm looking to move up to 215/60R17 tires when my stock ones (215/55R17) need to be replaced and want to make sure it will still fit with no rubbing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Iʻve been looking at the B14 set as well. Can you confirm that it will still be at least stock height after installation? Iʻm looking to move up to 215/60R17 tires when my stock ones (215/55R17) need to be replaced and want to make sure it will still fit with no rubbing.
Stock ride height? No, it will lower you a bit, front and rear. Check the details of the kit, I have long since forgotten them.

Will your tires fit? Yes. Link HERE if you want to see some details, or do some other calculations.

Check out Jaxxa's post HERE. He has taken the Juke's tire fitment to mind boggling levels.

For whatever reason, the Juke has stupid amounts of room for tires. Some users have gone to 18x10 wheels. I cant remember what size they run but, there is plenty of room.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had the B14 kit on my Juke for a few months now. Adjusted all the way up it sits roughly where my stock RS did when new. I would 100% buy it again. The car handles awesome and rides better than stock. View attachment 192151
Excellent and thank you! This makes me feel better about choosing this kit.
I ordered it about a month ago now but the vendot has no idea when the wholesaler will have it back in stock... where did you get yours?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stock ride height? No, it will lower you a bit, front and rear. Check the details of the kit, I have long since forgotten them.

Will your tires fit? Yes. Link HERE if you want to see some details, or do some other calculations.

Check out Jaxxa's post HERE. He has taken the Juke's tire fitment to mind boggling levels.

For whatever reason, the Juke has stupid amounts of room for tires. Some users have gone to 18x10 wheels. I cant remember what size they run but, there is plenty of room.
I am running 18x9 in front +35 and 18x9.5 in rear +35... have tones of room still inboard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2012 SL AWD here, and well...
I L O V E mine. For my install I ran them as high as I could. I was not looking for too much of a drop. I was happy with the ride height, and the performance. I also have the STILLEN rear sway bar upgrade.

They are much more firm than OEM, but have a tolerable ride. For me a happy middle for my day to day driving, but still be able to drive agressive to enjoy what the juke is capable of. I get a loud thunk when I go fast over uneven bumps. Not sure if it is because I am at full height which requires some spring preloading. Feels very controlled when the car comes down.

I also run really wide tires at 255 45 17 on a 17x9 wheel. Car feels planted and inspires nothing but confidence. Just don't get too cocky or physics will get the better of you.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with these.
where did YOU order from?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts