Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I took a trip down to the fast religion shop to have a fender exit exhaust put on and I have to say this thing sounds like a rabid beast. Had this custom pipe put together and it really turned out well. You can definitely hear the turbo and not really much else. Also had some motor mount inserts and a turbosmart DV Valve put on. Thing sounds great and runs awesome. Here are some pics.

will definitely be going back to get the upgraded turbo, intercooler and tune done on it. 馃榿

here鈥檚 a video of it taking off.

Super Moderator
Thats crazy. Gotta be loud.

Premium Member
That's insane!

How is it set up to deal with engine movement?

How does it run without a tune. Seems like a pretty drastic change.

Enjoy. That's pretty unique, to go with your hood intake!

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter #4
That's insane!

How is it set up to deal with engine movement?

How does it run without a tune. Seems like a pretty drastic change.

Enjoy. That's pretty unique, to go with your hood intake!
So he installed some of the motor mount inserts he made and they work great. Engine doesn鈥檛 move at all. Plus the fender hole is a bit bigger then the exhaust pipe so it keeps it from drafting back into the cabin. I鈥檓 really impressed with it. Actually it feels and runs great. You can definitely feel the car has more pull. My stock dv valve must have been leaking because now it鈥檚 a constant boost psi instead of bouncing all over the place. I really like it. And Mac, it is loud. On the dump side. Lmao am very in love with it.

Super Moderator
So he installed some of the motor mount inserts he made and they work great. Engine doesn鈥檛 move at all. Plus the fender hole is a bit bigger then the exhaust pipe so it keeps it from drafting back into the cabin. I鈥檓 really impressed with it. Actually it feels and runs great. You can definitely feel the car has more pull. My stock dv valve must have been leaking because now it鈥檚 a constant boost psi instead of bouncing all over the place. I really like it. And Mac, it is loud. On the dump side. Lmao am very in love with it.
Glad you like it. My Juke is loud. I would not want it louder but once you get her up-turbo'ed and tuned. Its gonna be instant power.

Registered
I鈥檓 guessing this isnt a California car, that鈥檇 be an interesting conversation at the inspection. Certainly you still have all your cats in place.....lol.

Reactions: redBack_juke

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter #7
I鈥檓 guessing this isnt a California car, that鈥檇 be an interesting conversation at the inspection. Certainly you still have all your cats in place.....lol.
of course I do! 馃槈actually I鈥檓 just waiting for my Texas plates to come in.

Registered
Well, that isn't too loud. I'm seeing a stockish turbo? If you ever upgrade to a bigger turbo.......it's gonna get stupid loud. I ran open downpipe.......once for a test run. In some parts of the power band it made more horsepower, in other's it didn't. I couldn't drive the car without sitting low in the driver's seat from pure embarrassment and had to idle it out of the neighborhood. I like em loud, but not too loud.

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that isn't too loud. I'm seeing a stockish turbo? If you ever upgrade to a bigger turbo.......it's gonna get stupid loud. I ran open downpipe.......once for a test run. In some parts of the power band it made more horsepower, in other's it didn't. I couldn't drive the car without sitting low in the driver's seat from pure embarrassment and had to idle it out of the neighborhood. I like em loud, but not too loud.
it is the stock turbo. When I do go to a bigger turbo I will be installing baffles in the tube. Or by that point get another car to putt around in and just dump money into this thing. Lmao I don鈥檛 really mind tbh. The neighbors across the street already drive a fart can Honda and the people beside me drive a straight piped titan so I think I鈥檓 doing pretty good. Lmao

Reactions: pboglio

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, tunnel pulls are a blast. I haven鈥檛 had any issues so far. Of course I鈥檓 not blasting the throttle when there around so no issues so far. Gotta be smart about it lmao. And no, none that I鈥檝e noticed. The hole is quite a bit bigger then the pipe and they line up pretty nicely so I haven鈥檛 really had any issues with that. I have a little 4 inch race can that I鈥檓 going to just bolt to the side to help with the drone. But I can take it back or before I go to the track when it opens back up. They have a 鈥淩ace your ride鈥 day outside the base every other weekend that let you race your car on the track. Pretty excited to go back out there and do it when it opens back up. Just need a tune now. 馃榾

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter #13
Thats awesome. What about with the passenger window down, does the exhaust come in that way?
Oh yeah, my wife has already figured that one out. Lmao. Window up when stopped no more then half down when driving. Lmao

Reactions: redBack_juke
1 - 13 of 13 Posts