Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want to tear out my intercooler I got from him so bad, but not keeping all the parts from the OEM one makes it harder. Maybe I'll get one from forge or 2j and melt the FR one down. I already removed the vinyl stickers from my car and I still feel dirty for giving him my money and time.
That will prove what? "I don't support a (insert criminal activity here)". You bought it. He made good stuff. He went were nobody has gone for the Juke. It's done. If you feel 'dirty' that's your choice. Did you MAKE him do that (crime)? Did you? Did your money? No. He's sick. That is all. If nobody came forward about these charges you'd still be throwing money at him and these offences would still have occurred. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
So now that FR is gone, what do you guys want to see get made? Over the next couple months, I am going to invest in more fab tools and I wouldnt mind making a line up of parts for the Juke. Since all of the FR info is now gone, I dont know what exactly he made....

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah that totally sucks cause, I had an appointment with him on March 27th to get like $2000 in work down to my Juke, And Now He won't Email Me back at all, Plus We can't see his videos anymore!!! I used his how to vids all the time... I really think he pissed some people off that he did work for (UNHAPPY CUSTOMER"S) and they started to spam his Facebook and Youtube channel with Negative ****, about thing's that happened to their cars after work was done.. He did the same thing with Mass RP when he ran that little business.. He started to get way to many bad revues and people wanting money back and blaming him for thing's that may or may not have been his fault and he pulled the Plug on that too.. I'm just so Pissed that he couldn't wait another month or 2 to do this, so I could have got my work done by him.. I don't get it I talked with him twice on the phone and several times thru email's to confirm my appointment with him, and Now he's MIA...................
You wish he waited another month or 2 before raping 2 underaged girls? You selfish f*ck. What the hell is wrong with you? It's all about your car, yes. It is. I don't have one, nobody here has one, but your car is important. Take a hike jackass.

·
Registered
720 Posts
So now that FR is gone, what do you guys want to see get made? Over the next couple months, I am going to invest in more fab tools and I wouldnt mind making a line up of parts for the Juke. Since all of the FR info is now gone, I dont know what exactly he made....
Gen2 downpipes with some way to get the old one out without removing the engine :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
You wish he waited another month or 2 before raping 2 underaged girls? You selfish f*ck. What the hell is wrong with you? It's all about your car, yes. It is. I don't have one, nobody here has one, but your car is important. Take a hike jackass.
From the responses he quoted it didn't look like he saw the news posts earlier in this thread. No need to name call. We are all upset, but calling someone a selfish f*ck doesn't help anyone

·
Registered
720 Posts
If he
From the responses he quoted it didn't look like he saw the news posts earlier in this thread. No need to name call. We are all upset, but calling someone a selfish f*ck doesn't help anyone
If he had read THIS post that HE posted on, he would know all the info. His first post on the site is to bash someone (Matt) without knowing the facts...
Agreed. selfish f*ck was harsh. He's just an idiot.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Word. Just ignore it.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
He's not the only one who has come to this thread and didn't read the entire thing. Both long time members and new members are going to come and just start posting without reading, it's far too common. But yeah, I think it's pretty obvious when that occurs, so I would suggest a little bit of empathy for the new guy walking into the room without knowing what is going on. Blame him and call him an idiot if you want, but I don't think that's warranted. At least give him credit for quoting posts #1 and #3, lol.

Being misinformed or underinformed is the new pink. And everyone is wearing it.

I will apologize if the dude comes back and is like 'I read the whole thing and I know, but, my car dude.' I'll take that gamble.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Gen2 downpipes with some way to get the old one out without removing the engine :D
You need a lift if you dont remove the engine. Nissan has their techs go through the bottom. Source = was in the bay when nissan replaced my EGR/Turbo/Manifold.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
You need a lift if you dont remove the engine. Nissan has their techs go through the bottom. Source = was in the bay when nissan replaced my EGR/Turbo/Manifold.

Really? You can swap it without pulling the engine, eh? :unsure:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Unless they did it after I left. Or put it back in before I got there. ( replacement also had bad EGR valve and wanted to show me they replaced it)

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Well a Gen 1 Down Pipe with a true Flex like FR made. That is the most missed thing out there I think.

@Storm Trooper I PM'd You

·
Registered
720 Posts
With a Gen2 you have to replace the exhaust manifold with a Gen1, then bolt on a turbo then do a DP … pia WHY NISSAN WHY?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pissed the **** off I had an appointment with Matt on March 27Th to do like $2000 worth of work on my Juke.. And Now He's MIA.............. I live in Jersey and Can't drive to 2J in Atlanta.. This suck's big time.. And every local mechanic I go to won't put these aftermarket parts on my car especially Down pipes with cat deletes... This really sucks...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm pissed the **** off I had an appointment with Matt on March 27Th to do like $2000 worth of work on my Juke.. And Now He's MIA.............. I live in Jersey and Can't drive to 2J in Atlanta.. This suck's big time.. And every local mechanic I go to won't put these aftermarket parts on my car especially Down pipes with cat deletes... This really sucks...
He isnt MIA. He is in a jail cell awaiting trial. And you need to find a performance shop to install what you want. I'm sure theres one in Jersey. If you need help finding one. Go on Uprev or Ecutek website and find a dealer. More then likely if they are a dealer they will install your parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Couldn’t have said it better myself
I totally agree, Matt started trying to Push these Big Turbo build's on people with CVT's which is crazy all to make money.. With a Tune and a Down Pipe the Stock turbo makes more than enough power for a CVT Juke!! If you have a stick Built, with a better clutch in it, then you may want a bigger turbo.. I used to go back and forth with him about that all the time on his channel.. He was always trying to push a bigger turbo on People for like $7000 The book Value of these cars isn't even $7000 especially above 50,000 miles now matter the make or year... And you could definitely tell he had mental health issues.. Because anytime he got a thumb's down or one negative comment he was ready to shut down.. He Did this before with Mass RP.. He ruined cars and then closed up shop once people started putting him out there.. I feel bad for the WTF Juke Owner.. He got taken for a real ride!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
He isnt MIA. He is in a jail cell awaiting trial. And you need to find a performance shop to install what you want. I'm sure theres one in Jersey. If you need help finding one. Go on Uprev or Ecutek website and find a dealer. More then likely if they are a dealer they will install your parts.

Thank's I can't believe he's in Jail, I last spoke with him on the phone on feb 29Th about coming up there end of March.. I guess life showed up at his door..

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I totally agree, Matt started trying to Push these Big Turbo build's on people with CVT's which is crazy all to make money.. With a Tune and a Down Pipe the Stock turbo makes more than enough power for a CVT Juke!! If you have a stick Built, with a better clutch in it, then you may want a bigger turbo.. I used to go back and forth with him about that all the time on his channel.. He was always trying to push a bigger turbo on People for like $7000 The book Value of these cars isn't even $7000 especially above 50,000 miles now matter the make or year... And you could definitely tell he had mental health issues.. Because anytime he got a thumb's down or one negative comment he was ready to shut down.. He Did this before with Mass RP.. He ruined cars and then closed up shop once people started putting him out there.. I feel bad for the WTF Juke Owner.. He got taken for a real ride!!!!
You've summed it up nicely. I wasn't agreeing with the $5500 turbo upgrades....nope, not on a Juke. It don't cost $5500 for a 16g, welded turbo manifold adapter, and custom downpipe. My custom Mambatek brand new 19T/TD04HL-11 will run about $1580 installed and put out 350-380 hp, direct drop-in. A CVT has no hope of running more, though 16g are a nice turbo. A better match for a Juke is actually an $800 EVO3-16g/TD05H/7cm from MHI. The $5400 cylinder head/cams was another ripoff. It costs about $2000 without labor, of which he farmed it out. That didn't include a valve job either. This type of stuff irked me greatly. The downpipes were nice though, gonna admit. Most everything else was low enough quality to prevent me from buying.

The CVT builds although informative, were not fair to the owners. Those cars were effectively junked, 2 builds plus his own daily had CVT failures. I practice what I teach, mine will run a reinforced CVT at a torque and power level I feel will be reliable. At a later date I’ll decide if it’s worth pursuing making it available, for another thread.

Again, I think we all have our issues with vendors and mostly I’ve kept quiet as I try and work with them. In this case, it had to be said. Anyway, we will move on, parts will get better, options will improve.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
(looks over at a post count of 2,044 and counting) yeah 13, you're definitely not contributing enough </sarcasm>
I mean I just gave up on the forums... well... probably about 4 months or so ago. I can't handle seeing the same 10 questions posted over and over and these newbs won't utilize the search feature or scan through the stickies. I know what content is on here. I've watched the development of this community for the past 4 or so years. Watched the growth, the struggles, the accomplishments, it's a crazy ride and ya'll are some crazy co-pilots. There's a few doing some seriously rad things and about a billion others talkin about what ya gonna do... ::rolls eyes:: yawwwwnnnnn

But this idolization of Matt is absolutely unwarranted. Ya'll talking about all his 'how-to' videos... did you not know how to remove your air intake or change your brakes? Did you not want to figure out how to remove your wiper cowling on your own? Have you lost the joy and excitement of taking apart your car and learning how to put it back together again without those basic-ass instructional videos? Working on cars is a magical process and those lengthy self-promo advertisement-laden monstrosities were an insult to critical thinking. He didn't make those videos out of altruism, he made them as a revenue stream. Plain and simple. Were his experimental builds exciting and interesting? Hell yea! Did they really push the boundaries of the Juke platform though? If you need a new Juke idol, go pay attention to Lars Wolfe, he's not a wanna-be-internet-celebrity, he's real deal Juke modifier & racer. Who, ironically, previously worked with Matt. For whatever that's worth.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Nobody should be idolized, admired maybe. The newbs need their hero, that’ll never change. This industry breeds a certain type.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts