Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it appears Matt is pulling the plug hard. No more anything.

On Facebook.

Fast Religion.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it appears Matt is pulling the plug hard. No more anything.

On Facebook.

Fast Religion.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'll say honestly, that is a real shame. His website just has this "be back soon" message. No idea what's goin on.

Now, this is why I post EVERYTHING on the forums. I'm glad we still have 2J, I bought all my custom engine components from them. I have my own solution for cams, springs/retainers. Injen are still making exhausts. I think I can bang out a custom downpipe if I had too. I'm good on turbo stuff from Mambatek or anyone that can machine & rebuild a stock turbo which there are plenty.

I think Matt did a lot of great stuff, wish the business side paid off or not sure what went down to be honest. I do think the youtube and facebook stuff can be a time and emotionally draining. Wish him the best which ever path he takes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
He had some depression issues in the past. He also had to balance life with a recent newborn and a business. Its tough and it’s always best to take care of your mental health first and foremost. But this is why you buy parts and services from a legitimate shop. Or you as the customer end up left hanging holding the bag without any support.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I wonder what this means for BB8 Juke

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
It means guess who emaied John V earlier? I plan to avoid asking any questions, it would be nice to have been able to finish the project with him but I had a suspicion that may not work out.

Whatever it is was obviously profound enough that it eclipses the finances and waranted shutting it all down. I also hope that he find a solution to this matter soon and without incident.

Its kind of odd to think that an odd and sudden message on his website just helped deliver the death blow to the future modified Juke community that he is largely responsible for.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It's not really sudden. He mentioned it (in a vid, i think) a while back that he would be stepping back and closing shop. Not sure if he gave a hard date at that time.

I also find it surprising that he removed vids/deactivated youtube. (I haven't actually looked to verify). But a lot of people found that content helpful.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It means guess who emaied John V earlier? I plan to avoid asking any questions, it would be nice to have been able to finish the project with him but I had a suspicion that may not work out.

Whatever it is was obviously profound enough that it eclipses the finances and waranted shutting it all down. I also hope that he find a solution to this matter soon and without incident.

Its kind of odd to think that an odd and sudden message on his website just helped deliver the death blow to the future modified Juke community that he is largely responsible for.
Hard to understand here. Are you saying the Jonh V. said something to Matt that tipped him over the edge? As far as the Juke community goes, I'd agree Matt contributed greatly, no doubt about it. He came along when there was a bit of a lull in the Juke aftermarket, so he deserves the respect. I feel 2J also deserve the respect too, since they were supplying Matt with parts & tune earlier on.

However, the youtube stuff is baffling. If you are truly doing things for the community, don't penalize them. If facebook/youtube is NOT about the community or building a business, then the ego is easily bruised. And this has been said before, PLEASE keep using the forums guys. I'm on DSMtuners.com and the whole facebook vs. forums thing is in full effect here. Love the videos man, but come on here and also post/document as well..........otherwise this happens.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Non sense...

·
Registered
265 Posts
So many hours of very helpful information for the Juke community...WTF?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hard to understand here. Are you saying the Jonh V. said something to Matt that tipped him over the edge?
Pretty sure he's referring to the fact he didn't want a V tune and was hoping Uprev would have something available soon but I think that was all through Matt.
So, Jukeypoo's only option for a tune (gen2) is John.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Pretty sure he's referring to the fact he didn't want a V tune and was hoping Uprev would have something available soon but I think that was all through Matt.
So, Jukeypoo's only option for a tune (gen2) is John.
Lol, I reread it and it makes sense now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just went to watch some Fast Religion vids and noticed they were all gone.

Something smells fishy. I understand stopping due to life changes and responsibilities, but taking everything down is an odd move. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
358 Posts
I hope all is ok with him. Seems kinda odd if he wasn't forced to take down everything though. Although I will admit, I feel more for JucklerWinter then Matt right now. Worst case scenario for BB8 I see is sending it across the pond to get tune. I'm sure those guys would love to.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

@JuklearWinter

I PM'd You.

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts
Damn, those videos got me comfortable enough with my car to start tinkering. I wish we had a way to back all those videos up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wasn’t aware he was also taking down all the videos. I won’t pretend to understand, but I myself would of left that wealth of info up, unless there was litigation involved requiring me to do so (which I don’t believe is the case) But yeah that whole thing was sad and shocking. Who’s gonna carry the torch now??

1 - 20 of 85 Posts