Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen other posts similar but hoping someone can help me find an actual diagram.

When I turn the air on I hear a noise...the higher I turn it up the louder it gets of course. So I'm wondering if there are leaves or something stuck as I do park under a tree.

I have a 2015 SL and I know where the air filter is under the hood but can't figure out if thats what I should open and check or where the actual fan is located?

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
You need to remove and clean the “in cabin air filter”. It is down where the floor meets the firewall. The recommended method is to remove the glovebox. If you are wirery, you may be able to do so by laying on the passenger side floor.

Look here for more information;

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million. This is why I love this forum, no one tries to make me feel stupid about stuff I don't know and genuinely tries to help. I was def in the wrong area and thinking about just the air filter itself under the hood. Now that thr weather is nice I have a list of things I'm trying to take care of on the car this week.

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
You also could have a few leaves stuck in the squirrel cage blower motor. You might need a little compressed air or a vacuum and stick it in the slot where the cabin air filter goes. Worst case scenario, you can also remove the blower motor for a better cleaning.

Here's a link to the factory service manuals. Factory Service Manual

I can't find the specific section that talks about the blower motor, but basically there's a couple screws to remove and the blower motor slides out. Probably have to remove the glove box for this.

Reactions: WeslyMKE

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If there are leaves stuck in the fan I usually turn the fan on high for a minute and that usually is enough to blow any leaves out of there. You can access the in cabin air filter without removing the glove box you do have to contort your body from the passenger side under the dash. I've changed it a few times without removing the glove box.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Worst case. Is its the fan motor going which has happened to Jukes before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts