Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all,

Just wanted to share a quick subwoofer upgrade I just did for my Nismo. I took out the factory sub and amp but kept and used the stock amp/signal wiring (I wanted to do it this way because I didnt want to run unnecessary amp wires for the power level I was looking for). Overall, its a way better improvement over the stock sub. It wont blow your doors off (its one 8 inch sub at 80 watts), but it does a nice job.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Aircraft

·
Administrator
12,143 Posts
Looks good. Better than OEM for sure.

Reactions: JukeAholic

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I get jealous of the FWD under-trunk every time I see it.

If you removed the factory sub and that under-cargo, then made an L-shaped enclosure connecting both, you could probably get a good 5 or 6 cubic feet and maintain 100% of the cargo area.

Alternately, you could cut off the oem sub "grill" and use the oem enclosure to do a push-pull sealed isobaric using those same kicker 8's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get jealous of the FWD under-trunk every time I see it.

If you removed the factory sub and that under-cargo, then made an L-shaped enclosure connecting both, you could probably get a good 5 or 6 cubic feet and maintain 100% of the cargo area.

Alternately, you could cut off the oem sub "grill" and use the oem enclosure to do a push-pull sealed isobaric using those same kicker 8's.
The problem with the stock enclosure is that its not close to the recommened volume for this sub, and I've always felt that mdf enclosures sound better than plastic ones. Also, that damn top bolt kept coming loose from the factory enclosure lol. Its my first time using a passive radiator in a setup and lets just say im impressed (sealed box volume with ported box feel).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts