Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The display on my 2011 factory audio unit has faded when I started my car this morning. The normal black on orange LED matrix display has fade to nearly non visible. Orange backlight is ok. I have tried to turn off radio and on, turn off car and restart and didn't help.

Did any of you have the same problem before? How to fix?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
I drove a rental Altima with the same (or similar) head unit to the non-Nav Juke radio that had the same problem. Turned out to be the contrast setting of the LCD. It was extremely hard to see the menus/settings, but at certain angles you could just make out the text and go through the menus to turn up the contrast. If you can see anything on the display, try playing with the contrast to see if it improves.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Could it also be the signal that says whether the head lights are on is broken? That's how it knows to dim itself when you turn on the lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same yeah juke Tekna with the same radio and same problem.

what i have noticed is that it happens when the car has been standing in the sun or outside temps get high because on a rainy day or in the mornings and evenings its clearly visible.

Help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a 2014 with the same issue (radio display info has faded to where almost can't see it). Has anyone found the real cause of this and how to fix it? I'd hate to have to buy a new radio unit just for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts