Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nissan's got a new little interactive thing, showing a lot of cool young people dancing around and opening the doors. (Very small woo!). But they have a tab that shows lists of accessories available, and some other stuff. I think this is Nissan UK. I like the hard trunk liner with partitions.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/#vehicles/crossovers/juke/more-about

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, I certainly wouldn't get ALL of them. I DO like the rear hatch handle, door kickplates, fog rims and mirror covers :) I'm only talking on a black car though; I don't think I'd put much on any other color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
personally id stay away from chrome unless its a luxury vehicle. even little chrome accents take away from the "sporty" look of the juke.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really? all chrome? and outsized tires, flashy wheels, plastic metallic trim, and other stuff cars have or have added aren't? Maybe.

I think people should be able to put what they like on their cars, without being labeled. Especially with this car, which so many people are s a saying is ugly and an offense to the highways in the first place.

car crazy said chrome would detract from the sporty look. Not sure I get that, really.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Chrome now-a-days is very tacky. Before it meant luxury and refinement. Now its been so overused there's no luxurious feel to it anymore. car crazy is right about it taking away from the sportyness of the Juke. The Juke looks like a capable car that can be taken on some rough roads if you need to. Which is why it looks sporty. Last time I checked I haven't seen any off-road racers putting on chrome accents on their race cars.

You are right about people having the right to put whatever you want on your car. We do however also have a right to our own opinion which essentially we are labeling chrome as tacky.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I was just trying to explain my point. If you actually take notice of most cars driving on the road you'll notice how usually the people that put the most chrome on their cars are people that buy a car but wanted something more expensive thus adding chrome to give the "illusion" that its more expensive than it really is. Most people that drive Porsche's, Ferrari's, etc.... refrain from adding anything chrome to their cars just because they don't really need to make it look more expensive than it is. On one of my cars which is a Lexus the previous owner bought the optional "gold chrome" emblems from the factory. First thing I did was buff out all the "gold chrome" and turned all the emblems into silver. Looked a lot better in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's fine--I typically don't pay much attention to stuff like that, so I honestly didn't know.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's a very subjective topic, but I agree that Chrome and Chrome finish has become overused to cover up otherwise cheaper or more utilitarian components of vehicles. Even the new Accord has a chrome window outlay!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts