Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

I’m looking to upgrade my exhaust , the current setup is stock except the rear silencer that’s a fox.

I believe the stock setup also is :
-factory downpipe
-second cat
-mid silencer
- rear silencer

I would like to have some more power gains , so I wanne go for a 2,5” starting after the factory downpipe so something like this.

- factory downpipe
-racecat (200 cell)
-mid silencer delete
- rear silencers

hope to gain about 10hp after a new dyno session , a second cat delete ain’t no option due to the regulations.

is this a good setup or do I really need to change the downpipe as well ?

Soundwise, I’m looking for a real nice low sound that won’t wake up the whole neighbourhood after firing up , and don’t have an irritating drone running on the highway

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
You are tuned, right?

As far as sound goes, I have had the Injen and I also have an RS. The Injen has the resonator (mid silencer) but is pretty high flow. It sounds really nice, with perfect volume, not too loud. However, the drone at 70+ mph is too much for me.

The RS exhaust doesn't have the resonator, but is lower flow than the Injen. It sounds louder and deeper than the non-RS exhaust, without the highway drone of the Injen.

So, I think that your idea of deleting the resonator and the other mods for more flow will probably be what you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
3" Injen is a great choice.

The Downpipe blocks a lot of the sound so it wont drone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are willing to do some minor bodywork I love my exhaust setup, custom 3" downpipe back with dual exit to give some symmetry to the rear end.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m sorry but a dual exhaust is not my cup off thea , I think there to close together and with a big diameter it looks a bit cartoony .

I just wanne go with one big exhaust , 90 mm or 100 mm ,about the same size as it is right now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Injen 2.5" catback with a 28" resonator. This video shows all the sounds, idle, driving, pulling, so you know what you are living with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds Nice , but it’s really hard to tell how it actually sounds because it’s coming from iPhone speakers.

I think I’m gonna go with a custom catback and an racecat , this way I can choose between different styles of sound and looks , thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Pfft, loss of 2nd cat is only a good thing. Go straight pipe from the dp back.

The dp cat is the only one that matters from an inspection standpoint.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks , but I don’t know if I’m going to pass the emissions test with a second cat delete so I think it’s safer to put in a 200cell cat

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Emissions tests are. Typically performed using an OBD reader. The juke has NO O2 sensor after the second cat, so it is physically impossible to fail an OBD inspection based on the presence of the second cat.

It would require an inspector with specific knowledge of the juke in conjunction with a visual inspection of the 2nd cat being removed to fail the inspection.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks , will bring it up for discussion with the exhaust-shop , will catdelete also effect sound ?

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Being in Europe, I would check with local regulations. In the US, emissions are often by OBD... but many of our cars would not pass European MOT inspections.

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
If you go straight through exhaust and no main cat. It will get a lot louder.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appointment made, 2-20 there gonna make a custom catback system and replace the second cat with a sport cat .

still have time to decide what kind of muffler tip I’m gonna choose , it’s gonna be a single exhaust and personally I like the “jap style” , what do you guys think ? Maybe show me some pictures of your ideas.

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
A blueish Titanium tip.

Reactions: Libac

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today was the day , exhaust installed in a few hours , setup is a high flow cat, mid silencer delete , and a rear silencer with Japanese style blueish tip!

the sound is superb! No drone at all , feels if it’s got a bit more power to!

·
Registered
489 Posts
This was such an enjoyable thread to read. OP asks a question. Multiple ppl give feedback. OP follows through with thoughts. Then follows through with actual install and photos. Very streamlined. Well done!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts