Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I removed the center resonator and replaced it with a straight pipe, also removed the rear muffler and put a straight pipe in there too. Noticed a slight Hp gain, and it adds a nice little rumble sound to it.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
So I removed the center resonator and replaced it with a straight pipe, also removed the rear muffler and put a straight pipe in there too. Noticed a slight Hp gain, and it adds a nice little rumble sound to it.
Do you have pictures or a sound clip?
I'm waiting for a decent cat back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take some pics tomorrow. Cat backs are pretty expensive. The 1.6, for a 4 cylinder has 2 cat's on it which pretty much takes all the noise away. Its a decent size exhaust tube as well, which I was surpised how well it turned out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hook us up with a sound clip if you can.

I looked under mine the day after I bought it and thought, "oh, that's why it's so quiet." It's got a massive resonator and muffler for such a tiny motor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I unbolted the rear muffler and it did absolutely nothing, then I went after the resonatore and finally heard a little noise. Talked to an engineer with Nissan and was told, both mufflers on the Juke are basically resonators to quiet it down, and have nothing to do with adding back pressure for torque.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The cheapest power mod on just about any modern turboed car is a tune. You can get an east 10 - 15% jump in HP/TQ. Factory tunes are always super conservative. The first two mods most everyone does on their WRXs, SS cobalts, MS3, EVOs... Is a down pipe and tune.

If you toss a full turbo back exhaust and not tune the car for it you will only gain a small percent of power you would gain with the proper tune for that mod. Plus you will ensure the engine is running the proper air/fuel mixture.

It's very important to have the proper tune for each mod on a turboed car. With an aftermarket exhaust you will run lean since the downpipe helps the turbo spool up faster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Juke has 2 cats, one for the oxygen sensors to monitor and another downstream. I took the downstream one out, the resonator, and the rear muffler. I did put a small resonator at the tail pipe, didnt loose any back pressure or low end. Sounds sweet now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you notice a rise in boost pressure?

Obviously the factory exhaust system is far too restrictive. But removing restriction may allow the factory turbo set up to produce more boost.

More boost is more power (to a point)- But the factory managment might shut you down (just goes into over-protection mode... pull timing/dump fuel/ignition cut etc).

It would be very interesting to see what a full 3" exhuast would do with a high performance cat.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good question, working around to find that turbo governer! LOL And looking into cold air intakes. Versa uses a similiar set up, they both put the MAF in the air box instead of a tube assy, dang it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey , like your approach on the car. I'm in Colo, thus will likely get an AWD IF i decide to get this car. I'd like to follow your Mods on the car; i only sent the friend request to help follow your posts. i'm not too familiar with the inner-workings of Forums. it seems hard to find subjects, and why can't you see the latest replies, rather than having to scan to the 'Last' page..? anyway, good luck with the mods. btw, my company may even work for your Dealership. Kip Prahl, KPA now. l8r.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Juketech, I am looking to mod my exhaust as well..anyway you can post sound clips? ALso what resonator did you use to replace the one at the rear axle? More pics would be really helpful.. Did you have to retune your engine after doing so? THanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to wonder what the sound would be if you just put a straight pipe in place the the resonator after the axle?? ANd what about a retune??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish someone had an aftermarket exhaust clip on youtube or something... I'm anxious to hear a Juke with modified exhaust!

And Juke Tech what do you mean turbo governor? I would assume Nissan would limit boost the same way my wrx does... programmed in the ECU. I dont doubt there will be ways to tune the ECU on these in the near future! With a downpipe/ cat-back exhaust + Tune on my wrx I saw an additional 60hp.. I can only hope that the Juke is capable of similar gains with exhaust + tune!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
any sign of a sound clip or video of the new exhaust sound? while i think it is cool you have done this, the thread seems kinda worthless without the results... (no offense)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts