Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my ac. Cost me $800
a month later, the same issue - ac not cooling.
Now I am being told the evaporator is leaking.
I think I've been screwed. They are telling me it
will cost an additional $1400 for the new evaporator.

Donna

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just replaced my ac. Cost me $800
a month later, the same issue - ac not cooling.
Now I am being told the evaporator is leaking.
I think I've been screwed. They are telling me it
will cost an additional $1400 for the new evaporator.

Donna
if clogged an easy way to find out if needing one is to check near your cabin air filter near the glove box and see if coolant or condensation is forming under there. also ask if the price will be reduced due to misdiagnosis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if clogged an easy way to find out if needing one is to check near your cabin air filter near the glove box and see if coolant or condensation is forming under there. also ask if the price will be reduced due to misdiagnosis
[/QUOTE)
Thanks for the quick response. Yep, already asked about the reduced price. They clearly misdiagnosed. They aren't budging. Will need to go elsewhere. This is a problem for many women. I can't tell you how many times I have had to diagnose an issue because they could not get it right the first time. This is not a tiny "whole in the wall" shop. They are a big name and supposed to be reputable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
try quoting and buying an evap and heater core while the dash is off (so you don't do this twice eventually) and just quote labor. most small shops like that type of work because they don't have to invest on working on your vehicle and you will keep warranty from where you purchased the parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts