Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife purchased a 2013 juke 1.6 liter turbo a few months ago. we were filling up the oil regulary so decided to take into dealer to have checked out. dealer checked and told us that the engine piston rings were bad and they needed to replace the engine. This Vehicle has only 70,000km on it. The engine is covered under warranty. Has Anyone out there had problems with losing oil on this year of Juke. I am not sure I want to keep this vehicle, if in another 70,000 km I will have to replace the engine this time at our expense; we were told that it would cost about 10,000.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
My wife purchased a 2013 juke 1.6 liter turbo a few months ago. we were filling up the oil regulary so decided to take into dealer to have checked out. dealer checked and told us that the engine piston rings were bad and they needed to replace the engine. This Vehicle has only 70,000km on it. The engine is covered under warranty. Has Anyone out there had problems with losing oil on this year of Juke. I am not sure I want to keep this vehicle, if in another 70,000 km I will have to replace the engine this time at our expense; we were told that it would cost about 10,000.
Welcome to the forum, grmel. What a terrible experience you're having.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned about having to replace the engine at 140k (presuming it lasts the same length of time as the first engine has). The transmission will probably go before that. :biggrin:

In all seriousness though, as it was a used car, you don't know how the previous owner(s) drove it or treated it. I'm sure the new engine will be treated much better and hopefully the car lasts you till the time is right for you to move onto another vehicle.

Best of luck with the new engine.

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
You just got unlucky is all. They next engine should go well beyond the limits of the transmission lifetimes time frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes we are having the same issue. I am so sorry that you just purchased this vehicle it is junk. We only have 90k on ours and in addition to this issue we had to replace the turbo. We still owe 6k on it and it seems that it to will need a motor replacement and we do not have a warranty on it. We will never buy a Nissan again and hope that our warnings go far. I pray that more customers do their research before buying this car. We didn't and look at the mess it has us in now. This car as a whole should be recalled. We were on the freeway when the car just lost acceleration it was scary and dangerous it could have caused a major accident. Nissan should be liable. Keep reading this forum it is filled will purchasers going through the same stuff we are. You are blessed that there is a warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts