Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2016 juke the engine coolant temperature warning light is on but the actual temperature guage just below it is running normal just below half way. Could this be a faulty sensor?..the coolant level is ok. ALSO I seem to remember the temp coolant level warning light being on all the time even when car is running ..am I correct?..or should it be off when car is in use?many thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
take a pic of your actual dashboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a 2016 juke the engine coolant temperature warning light is on but the actual temperature guage just below it is running normal just below half way. Could this be a faulty sensor?..the coolant level is ok. ALSO I seem to remember the temp coolant level warning light being on all the time even when car is running ..am I correct?..or should it be off when car is in use?many thanks View attachment 190488

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
take a pic of your actual dashboard.
Here is picture of my girlfriends jukes dashboard.I think this is with the engine running but parked. As you can see the coolant temperature warning symbol is lit up but the temperature guage below is normal! In the manual it say the warning symbol only lights up when there's an overheat problem but I'm pretty sure it's been always on when driving the car since new 4 years ago ..it's a 2016 n connects juke (uk)..thanks. I ve looked at 2 other newer jukes and the symbol is always on in a white colour.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
That's just the symbol to tell you that left side gauge is the coolant temperature, just like the gas symbol on the right is the symbol telling you the right side gauge is the gas gauge and which side of the car the filler cap is on. it is not a warning light. The actual coolant warning light (If the Juke has one, and I don't believe it does) will be somewhere on the cluster in either the speedometer or tachometer dials. When you first turn on the car, look at the gauge and watch the ECU/cluster run through its self checks. You'll see all of the little indicators light up and extiguish. You may have to do it a few times to see all of them, but those are your actual warning indicators.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's just the symbol to tell you that left side gauge is the coolant temperature, just like the gas symbol on the right is the symbol telling you the right side gauge is the gas gauge and which side of the car the filler cap is on. it is not a warning light. The actual coolant warning light (If the Juke has one, and I don't believe it does) will be somewhere on the cluster in either the speedometer or tachometer dials. When you first turn on the car, look at the gauge and watch the ECU/cluster run through its self checks. You'll see all of the little indicators light up and extiguish. You may have to do it a few times to see all of them, but those are your actual warning indicators.
Yes..I'm an idiot!..I have now realised as you say that the symbol at the top of the temperature guage just tells me that "this is the temp guage". I was misled because my girl friend said that symbol was changing colour from Orange to white (maybe a faulty bulb?)..I'll check to see if her car has the proper high temperature warning light by pressing the start button twice to see all the lights (it's keyless entry)..many thanks for your time. P S. On another subject I just realised that her juke doesn't have a warning light for low brake pad wear..but has a screeching sound from the pads themselves when they need replacing. Weird!

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
Brake pad warning light ?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have never heard of a brake pad warning light either... that's what the little metal tab is for on the pad itself, it rubs, it squeals you change the pads.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Nissan is not BMW. High end cars like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, even my wife’s 2010 Mini have a brake pad wear sensor. Nissan to my knowledge has never had such a thing except for the squeal tab and definitely not on a car like the Juke or even a newer Rogue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts