Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys..

Here's the dyno results Dynotronics sent for a MT FWD Juke using Piasini's ECU Flash.....

The left axis shows hp values
The right axis shows torque value
The green plot is the stock Juke results
The blue plot is the Juke after ECU flash

Results:
Max hp gain: 25hp
Max Torque gain: 33wtq
Max Hp (crank): ~210hp (MT FWD)
Max Tq : ~280Nm or ~210ft-lb

Comments:
I think they are pretty good results for a "stock" Juke that was ECU flashed and had not had any other modifications added such as CAI and 2.5" Catback Exhaust...

http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nis...1178-juke-ecu-hacked-looking-test-driver.html

"This is the dyno sheet for the test mule in Italy. The sheet shows corrected
to SAE crank power, which is pretty much what is standard in the EU when you
dyno. This is also on a Roto dyno rollong road, so the numbers are accurate
unlike the dynojets commonly used here in the states" - Dynotronics

·
Registered
192 Posts
simply awesome... any idea when this will be available for the cvt? I really was not expecting this kind of hp gain with such minimal modifications!

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simply awesome... any idea when this will be available for the cvt? I really was not expecting this kind of hp gain with such minimal modifications!
They claim this flash can be applied to any model...Dynotronics is currently looking for a Juke as a test vehicle to perform this flash on and will also run before and after dynos!..I thought the results were pretty impressive for a "stock" unmodified Juke as well!

·
Registered
264 Posts
We may discover this is inaccurate later, but based on this first dyno we have on a car with increased boost-it looks like each pound of boost added with the stock turbo is only worth about 5 hp (depending on how much of the gain is due to better timing and fuel curves). That seems really low, I expected more like 7-8 hp per additional psi. It makes me wonder if 16 psi is out of the efficiency range of the turbo.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Recently checked with Cobb...they currently have no plans to develop a Tune for the Juke...Look for UpRev to be releasing a tune soon as well...they have been working closely with both GTM and Stillen...

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We may discover this is inaccurate later, but based on this first dyno we have on a car with increased boost-it looks like each pound of boost added with the stock turbo is only worth about 5 hp (depending on how much of the gain is due to better timing and fuel curves). That seems really low, I expected more like 7-8 hp per additional psi. It makes me wonder if 16 psi is out of the efficiency range of the turbo.
Yes I agree...In general you would expect ~10hp gain per 1psi of boost with a less restrictive intake and exhaust system added...But remember that this ECU flash was done on a stock Juke and I suspect the Juke's highly restrictive stock intake and exhaust system is limiting hp gains per increased boost levels...we'll see soon enough as UpRev will be releasing their ECU flash results soon and they too are upping the boost levels as well...however UpRev's Juke will have a Stillen Catback and CAI intake installed on theirs...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wowooweewow! I agree this seems much better than I expected from a stock juke. With the CAI and Stillen axleback I was already edging 200 (haven't had a dyno yet, just on paper) so I am very interested in getting this going once they have tested sufficiently on a US Juke. If the price is reasonable enough I would be willing to be the first to jump in with an AWD and get a couple dynos done for everyone to compare. Gotta find someone with a AWD capable dyno close by...

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
FYI...

With just a Stillen Axleback and CAI that I had installed on a MT FWD and dyno'd this past March I saw max ~195whp at the wheels (for a MT FWD thats equivalent to roughly ~ 225hp at the engine)...I'm looking forward to seeing what another dyno run will test at now that I have a 2.5" custom catback with 2nd cat deleted, CAI, along with a ECU tune adding ~ 4psi of boost...I'd like to see ~235whp at the wheels (~270hp at the crank)...might be expecting too much due to turbo limitations...we'll see!

http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/1654538-post1.html

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wowooweewow! I agree this seems much better than I expected from a stock juke. With the CAI and Stillen axleback I was already edging 200 (haven't had a dyno yet, just on paper) so I am very interested in getting this going once they have tested sufficiently on a US Juke. If the price is reasonable enough I would be willing to be the first to jump in with an AWD and get a couple dynos done for everyone to compare. Gotta find someone with a AWD capable dyno close by...
pricing is less than you would expect, around 295.00

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I am starting. To data log on my AWD tomorrow and am going to send them the results.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would there be an easy way to flash back to stock if need be and back again?

There are two ways back to stock; simply return the ecu to us to reload your stock file( we keep all customers original and tuned files in our database), or take the car to the dealer to have an update of the factory calibration file.

BTW, our files, unlike most other tuners, are based on the original calibration file that the factory loaded in your car. Why is this important?

Well if you happen to take your car back to the dealer for service, it is routine for the techs to check to see if you need a later calibration file loaded. This files are factory updates much like you get for your desktop computer, with bug fixes, tuning changes, and "markers".

If the cailbration file in your ecu does not match the file number the manufacturer has in the database for your car, it could( and almost always does) raise red flags, and can threaten your warranty status.

We avoid all this by always starting each file for each car based on the calibration file that was loaded in that car/ecu. This is also the reason we don't offer a "one size fits all" tuning solution.

BTW, your file is your file; once you pay us for file service we will gladly reload you for free should you a) want to return to stock, b) need the flash reinstalled for any reason, or c) make changes to your car requiring a file change(within reason, no big block chevy conversions!!). All we ask is you pay for the freight.

Hope that answers your questions!

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are two ways back to stock; simply return the ecu to us to reload your stock file( we keep all customers original and tuned files in our database), or take the car to the dealer to have an update of the factory calibration file.

BTW, our files, unlike most other tuners, are based on the original calibration file that the factory loaded in your car. Why is this important?

Well if you happen to take your car back to the dealer for service, it is routine for the techs to check to see if you need a later calibration file loaded. This files are factory updates much like you get for your desktop computer, with bug fixes, tuning changes, and "markers".

If the cailbration file in your ecu does not match the file number the manufacturer has in the database for your car, it could( and almost always does) raise red flags, and can threaten your warranty status.

We avoid all this by always starting each file for each car based on the calibration file that was loaded in that car/ecu. This is also the reason we don't offer a "one size fits all" tuning solution.

BTW, your file is your file; once you pay us for file service we will gladly reload you for free should you a) want to return to stock, b) need the flash reinstalled for any reason, or c) make changes to your car requiring a file change(within reason, no big block chevy conversions!!). All we ask is you pay for the freight.

Hope that answers your questions!
Developing a way for the customer to do the download from their own computer would be a lot nicer.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Developing a way for the customer to do the download from their own computer would be a lot nicer.
+1..totally agree!

Yeah...I'm not a big fan of sending off my ECU either to be flashed...give it some time tho....there are others that will be releasing ECU flashes that will allow for the users to either download and flash the ECU themselves or drive to a local qualified tune shop that has the capability of on site custom tuning once available...luckily I have shops like GTM that are fairly close by and I'm sure others around the country as well have equally qualified and talented on site tuners that they will be able to drive to ...

Also some of these ECU flash tunes to be released will also have the functionality to allow you to easily switch back (using your cruise control paddles) to stock ECU conditions for servicing if needed....

And as far as taking it in for service..I've already spoken with my Service Manager who told me that simply reflashing your ECU alone will not void out a warranty...and if they find its been flashed they are not going to go out of their way to void your warranty on the spot... however... if a problem arrises as a result of a flash tune and they find out about it then your probably going to pay for it... But again, it still won't void out your entire warranty...that said...if your nervous about ECU flash tuning and voiding warranties then this mod is probably is not for you!

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
My friend flashed his Genesis Coupe 2.0T's ECU. Blew the engine, went back to tune shop to flash ecu to stock and got Hyundai to get him a new engine under warranty.
yep..he was lucky....we all have those stories of friends that got away with it..then again there are a few casualities as well we seem to never talk about! It also pays to get to know your service guys very well!! ;)

Btw...most new ECU's out on the market today have flash detectors and software tampering flags embedded into their software... many tune shops will tell you they have a work around for this....not true any longer with the new ECU's and our ECU for the Juke is brand new for Nissan according to my Service Manager so I would expect to have this feature embedded in ours as well!!

That said, I still intend on having my ECU flashed once one is available that I'm comfortable with...And when done "correctly" there is an extremely low probabililty of screwing up your engine.....But I'm also ready to take responsibility if I end up screwing it up as well!! there are no real garantees in life :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts