Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I like 2J. They have nice FMIC, cold air intake, modified fuel pumps, custom pistons, rods, etc. For tuning I’ll look into Drunkman when I get my UPRev tuning software. Without these guys I wouldn’t have been able to start my engine rebuild.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Yeah but right now. 2J has ripped off what 5 people ? That means that they paid for a product and did not get it. If it was a FMIC. People would be totally up in arms if it was a "SOLID" product but since its a tune. No one here is complaining but me mostly.

I am almost at the point of putting a warning in every section of this forum warning people to not trust 2J and their Remote tuning. There is a reason Joe does not come here. Now you know why.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I would post it on Facebook, Modified Jukes Worldwide, but he has too many fan boys on there. He could commit a Felony and people there would back him up.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'd support you posting a warning about 2J remote tunes @Macgyver

·
Registered
35 Posts
You know we should really be thanking places like 2j and GTM. If I didnt have a bad experience with GTM, I never would have learned how to tune. I went to them to tune my 07 Z and walked out of there searching the Z forum for a Cobb access port so I could learn how to do it myself. I am sure 90% of the people who have dealt with 2j for a tune now know a whole lot more about tuning. There is at least one plus to all this.
When you can tune an ecutek call me

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Well it looks like @groovn got a 2J remote tune finally done.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When you can tune an ecutek call me
Tuning a Juke is no problem. The problem is having to buy in to be a dealer for them so I can remote tune. If not, I need your car and cable in my hands to tune it. I looked into it a while back.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Well I haven’t posted anything on here in a while. I certainly don’t have the knowledge that most have here but I can honestly say, if I had known how bad my experience was with my RS and 2J would have been, I would have never done it! I finally got my clutch changed out about a month ago thanks to many WOT pulls from my 2J tune. Also have a consistent p011c code that I cannot clear. I’m about ready to give up on this car but I just replaced my tires and rims. I tried to contact Drunkman today because I’ve had it with Joe also. He sent me a 20 psi tune that we still haven’t completed because he wanted me to change out the clutch (that’s a whole other story) and break it in before proceeding. Every time I call, no answer or someone takes a message and he’ll get back to me. We’ll see if the Drunkman can help me out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You have to call them every day to get anything done, I'm going to give them a little more time then its time for the lawyer. Right now the wait is on me as I don't want to do pulls with a -4 deg. outside temp, sense the tuning was started when it was 80-90 deg outside. correct me if I am wrong in my thinking (about temp)

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
temperature will change the density of the air coming into the engine past the MAF. You might see a slight bump in boost pressure as ambient temperatures go down, but it's not like the car will drive completely different. The ECU will still compensate with timing and injector duty cycle to balance the AFR, engine temp, etc.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Every company has its strengths and weaknesses. Some companies are better at dyno tuning than remote tuning. Some are better at customer service, others are just better at wrenching. Some are reborn and find newfound success after past failures at starting up a business.
its up to you as the consumer to do your research and navigate the waters to your benefit. I agree based on what I have heard, that when it comes to remote tuning drunkmann is prolly your best bet. And that is for the majority of juke owners as there aren’t many local dyno tuning locations available for juke owners.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Becauuse he's doing Supras now and not tryna play with customers in my tax bracket. Then again...I paid the man $750 for a stock power tune, so please don't tune any more Jukes anyway.

Wow. No 350Z for JV. Wonder why. Juke will be next. Haha

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts
I finished my Juke remote tune with Anthony from Drunkmann tuning today. We ended up with a 19psi tune that I am very happy with. No knock, no CELs, and the car finally feels fun to drive.

Map 1 - 93 Octane 19psi performance 11.4 AFR
Map 2 - 93 Octane 16psi performance 11.2 AFR
Map 3 - OEM ROM with MAF Scaled 15psi
Map 4 - Eco/WG Pressure
Map 5 - VALET Mode 3500rpm Limited

The tuning took some time as it's been difficult to get good days for data logs in the Wisconsin winter season. However, Anthony was very professional and always responded quickly. I would highly recommend this service as it was a night and day difference compared to the experience I received with 2J.

I'll be doing some dyno pulls in the next few months just because I'm curious at what the actual numbers are. I'll update my post/signature with the results.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I finished my Juke remote tune with Anthony from Drunkmann tuning today. We ended up with a 19psi tune that I am very happy with. No knock, no CELs, and the car finally feels fun to drive.

Map 1 - 93 Octane 19psi performance 11.4 AFR
Map 2 - 93 Octane 16psi performance 11.2 AFR
Map 3 - OEM ROM with MAF Scaled 15psi
Map 4 - Eco/WG Pressure
Map 5 - VALET Mode 3500rpm Limited

The tuning took some time as it's been difficult to get good days for data logs in the Wisconsin winter season. However, Anthony was very professional and always responded quickly. I would highly recommend this service as it was a night and day difference compared to the experience I received with 2J.

I'll be doing some dyno pulls in the next few months just because I'm curious at what the actual numbers are. I'll update my post/signature with the results.
That is Excellent news.

I have met Anthony more than a few times. Very nice guy. A little different but he knows his craft and will not jeopardize your Juke. On the dyno I wanted more torque and he said. "No". We could do it. We could add more boost, exhaust cam phasing etc. It was just pushing the engine for a few more this and that. Not worth the extra PSI trade off. We got the power. I just wanted torque near the 300wtq area. He said that is enough cylinder pressure for this motor. You are just asking for trouble. So 285/255 @ 21psi was where we settled at. Perfectly drive able especially since we have the 3 driving modes.

Its time for a re-tune this Spring. It has been 2.5 years so she is do. On the Dyno tho.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
@WarCow that's awesome! That's very similar to the tune he did for me. ~20psi, ~16psi, stock, ~8psi WG/Eco, and a disabled mode (injectors and timing disabled).

where about are you in WI? I'm West/Northwest of Milwaukee. I see so many Jukes where I go, but none I've ever come across are on the forums. If you find a place with an AWD dyno, let me know. I'd love to get mine dyno'd too. There was one in Mequon north of Milwaukee and they are an UpRev tuner, but when I talked to them a couple years ago, they had never touched a Juke.

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts
@WarCow that's awesome! That's very similar to the tune he did for me. ~20psi, ~16psi, stock, ~8psi WG/Eco, and a disabled mode (injectors and timing disabled).

where about are you in WI? I'm West/Northwest of Milwaukee. I see so many Jukes where I go, but none I've ever come across are on the forums. If you find a place with an AWD dyno, let me know. I'd love to get mine dyno'd too. There was one in Mequon north of Milwaukee and they are an UpRev tuner, but when I talked to them a couple years ago, they had never touched a Juke.
Brookfield/Menomonee Falls area.

I'll let you know what I find for a dyno.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
cool! I'm in the falls right across the street from brookfield.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
If you wanna see what Drunkmann drives.......

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
In light of the recent Fast Religion news, I sent Anthony an email per suggestion of @Macgyver. Anthony got back to me almost immediately and is very nice.

He is down to tune my Juke os UpRev ever gets it together. I also just found out the guy who was 'working on it' is no longer there and nobody is working on it. He would be willing to tune via Ecutek, however, he only owns the dealer license for the Z/G, and cannot purchase the license to do a single V2 Juke. So theoretically if enough people were interested we could get a 'group tune' going for Gen2ers, but my time is ticking because I don't think I'll pass inspection im TX without the EGR codes being removed.

I also sent John V an email and predictably I have not heard back from him yet, but he is more than likely the only option I have right now. Which I'm fine with, if I could ever get some communication back.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts