Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yep, Juke is listed in the core models under the UpRev Standard page. Also check here and search for Juke, it shows all the models and transmission type supported. Unfortunately they don’t list trim level so you have to search for your Juke’s last 5 characters in the ECU part number.

https://uprev.com/romlist.php
Hmm......OK. So if I place the order do I need to select the Year, Model, VIN, etc.? It's under that model tab that I don't see the Juke. There are like 10 core models, then about 30 that are in the drop down "Model" menu. I see the Juke in the core models, but the menu tab has me wondering if just don't select anything for it. Anyway, I was thinking of buying the Tuner version.........I like to tinker....lol.

Also, I was going to buy a 2nd ECM so I can install Uprev on that one, and leave my ECUTek on the original ECM.
Have you guys ever had issues pairing a new ECM to an existing vehicle? I'm thinking this is the cleanest way to go, if not the cheapest. I can't deal with ECUTek for the level of mods I'm running. The level of tuning I have to do I need full control of the ECM.

Thanks again.

Gene

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I didn't think the Juke could have multiple ECUs.i could be wrong.

I know my son's Veloster that's How It was done. You could just plug ans play a differnt ECU. But Hundyai and Nissan are totally different beasts tuning wise.

Joe said to find the last 5 digits of your ECU in the drop down ?

I would love to tune but since I have watched Drunkman tune 4 times now. It ain't easy. I am sure if.you started with a tune totally done it might be easy to tweak from There. There are just so many tables and values.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In your case @pboglio go with the tuner version right away. Don't get standard then try and go with the tuner upgrade.

UpRev does sell a separate Standard version for the Juke that's $250 more than the regular UpRev Standard. Why? I don't know. You'd have to contact UpRev sales. Don't expect a stellar response though. The emails I got back were fairly condescending and look like they were written by a high school student on a smartphone. I bought my UpRev through 2J a year and a half ago so I've never dealt directly with UpRev except when I had to flash back to stock and get my license back.

https://www.uprev.com/secure/uprev-for-juke.html

As for the multiple ECUs, once you program the new one with the correct ROM and update the VIN to match, you might be ok. But Nissan also has NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System) and if the security keys don't match, it may cause a no-start condition when swapping ECUs.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Squirtbrnr,

Tuner for sure. I use ECUFlash for the EVO so I'm good with a similar interface. I'll contact UpRev. Good point on the Anti-theft system, that's why I asked. I usually revert back to stock for Emissions, ECUTek actually blocks the OBDII during the testing.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Squirtbrnr,

Tuner for sure. I use ECUFlash for the EVO so I'm good with a similar interface. I'll contact UpRev. Good point on the Anti-theft system, that's why I asked. I usually revert back to stock for Emissions, ECUTek actually blocks the OBDII during the testing.
I just got inspected in Pa. Fully tuned on my max map. No cats. No Codes. LOL Pass. Cute Girl too. Drives a GTI.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thanks Mac, I’m hoping I never have to flash back to stock.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I haven’t checked my readiness monitors yet but I don’t have a check engine light and I’m sure I’ve gone through many drive cycles since flashing so I’m fairly confident I’ll pass emissions. As long as they don’t put the sniffer in the tail pipe and run the test I’m fine.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Just put a couple gallons of E85 in the tank. It should pass with a sniffer.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
On AWD cars they used to put it on the sniffer since it couldnt go on the rollers. Now that the new law passed, no sniffer, no rollers, just plug in to the OBD2 port and 30 seconds later you are done. That is as long as your operating system number and some other number stored in the ECU match. They are making it nearly impossible for tuned cars to pass out here.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The emission can easily be resolved: move to FL/ register your car in FL. Where we care more about how loud your car is then the fumes that come out of it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Only 2 of my cars are registered in CA and they are both bone stock. My other cars, which are not CA friendly (for stupid reasons at that), are registered out of state where they care about nothing sound or smog. So it makes no difference to me. But I would not mind living in FL!

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts
Well, I've finally given up on getting my 2J tune and have started the process with Drunkmann tuning. I've read the 2J reviews here but thought that people were just getting unlucky or not providing logs in a timely manner.
My experience with 2J has been: I sent my logs in October and finally got a response 1 month later saying that my data logs could not be opened and that I need to resend them. I confirmed that they were working correctly and I was even able to open them using the Gmail inline version of Excel. Regardless, I exported new logs and saved them in both .csv and .xlsx formats. I emailed him back the logs and didn't hear anything. I emailed again asking for an update and still have not gotten any response.

I give up, which seems to be the desired course of action. I just don't get why they offer the e-tune if they clearly don't want to do them?

Anyways, I went with Drunkmann tuning and paid $350 + tax for an e-tune. I sent in a list of my mods and he'll be sending a map to start the tuning process with. The communication is much better already. I'll update again once we're done.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah 2J basically gave up on me and I gave up on them. They won't return emails or calls and Joe is either always out of the office or "busy and he'll call me back". Tough lesson to learn especially with that much money involved. Anyway, I'm happy with my tune from Drunkmann. He knows his stuff and if everything goes right, in about a week or two you'll have a fully e-tuned Juke.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Unreal. Someone needs to contact the BBB and or Sue him.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm having flashbacks to the GTM days and Sam and his answer to every return/refund was "Contact your credit card company and ask them for a refund".

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
GTM days.... haha man. Our shop used to be 1 block away from them. I had the glory of meeting Sam in person back in 07...... and then never went there again due to how I was treated.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I'm having flashbacks to the GTM days and Sam and his answer to every return/refund was "Contact your credit card company and ask them for a refund".
Yeah and I was chastised here for my issues with one of the first sets of IC Pipes that was all messed up. People were thoroughly on GTMs side yet my Pics showed different. Luckily they had new ones made and swapped them out. Matt has them on his website right now for sale.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
GTM days.... haha man. Our shop used to be 1 block away from them. I had the glory of meeting Sam in person back in 07...... and then never went there again due to how I was treated.
Yeah 2J issues suck. Luckily I have all the parts I need. Never doing business with that scam artist again.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah 2J issues suck. Luckily I have all the parts I need. Never doing business with that scam artist again.
You know we should really be thanking places like 2j and GTM. If I didnt have a bad experience with GTM, I never would have learned how to tune. I went to them to tune my 07 Z and walked out of there searching the Z forum for a Cobb access port so I could learn how to do it myself. I am sure 90% of the people who have dealt with 2j for a tune now know a whole lot more about tuning. There is at least one plus to all this.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Oh for sure. If it wasn't for them. 2J. GTM. Fast Religion. There would not be a whole lot of support for the Juke.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 69 Posts